LBhosting review and company response

Actually, you seem to have a fundamental lack of understanding of what plagerism is.
Those pages I linked to show you copied your content word for word.
That is exactly what plagerism is regardless of whether or not you offer a similar service.

Also when you copy and paste certain information you are misrepresenting yourself and your company.

By making this type of statement you are trying to deceive the potential client into thinking you are a bigger operation than you actually are.

Actually we are not making our self bigger that statement is true. Because where we lease our servers the company that we leased it trough is implementing that kind of security. Should we have word it other wise maybe, should we have added more to it maybe not should we have taken some out why?
I mean listen we all lease our servers almost everybody does ok. When the time comes and I have my own ACTUAL building with servers inside and I can claim as my own property, than I could talk about my own security and my own procedure but until than yes I will rely on softlayer, rackspace or hostcentral or whomever I am leasing my servers from to provide that for me. And the same people that administer my servers have administered the big boys out there at some point of time. And just to touch on cableguy comment lol this is why we are not around forums because of people like him who are lurking this websites looking for the cheapest host and cant wait for a little thing to go wrong to be ranting about a hosting company. Thats why we are not the cheapest and never will be. We strive to provide good service and again are humans like everybody else. As far for the unlimited bandwidth yes absolutely unlimited no cap no gap I dont know what I should explain about that. As far as the Disk it is limited to surcent extent bet when you get to your limit we upgrade it so really it would be unlimited as long as you are with us. Now if you have a website like ebay or youtube first you wouldn't be looking for a shared hosting you cheap bastard LOL just kidding. Dont forget read on bluehost and host monster and hostgator teling people unlimited everything and than they shut down your site because of the usage and than look for lbhosting doing that same thing NOPE you ain't going to find it. Thats because we pay people not to post comments LOL joking again. Hey This is fun. But seriously can we dropped If it wasn't for this joomla deal I would give everybody free account to try us out for one month on this forum. But than they might ask for joomla templates with out paying so can't do it. I hope with this we can close this subject. And talk about something interesting and more fun because I am typing all this on my iPad it takes skills let me tell you, to type this much on this little thing. Thank you

Michael.

So you not only have a fundamental lack of understanding of plagerism and copyright you also have a fundamental lack of understanding of the term Unlimited.

This is a dishonest term pure and simple when applied to hosting packages.
There is a huge difference between not capping the resources and claiming they are unlimited.

i wouldn't judge the whole community by one bad apple(me)

i didn't really mean to be THAT insulting. i guess we all have different thresholds. plus i cant articulate like "conor" (i put him in quotes because i don't really know him yet it would have sounded like i did) who's posts are heroic most of the time, with their fashionably-lengthy perfection.

bottom line is, plagiarism = scummy. that's what i wanted to say, really.

So you not only have a fundamental lack of understanding of plagerism and copyright you also have a fundamental lack of understanding of the term Unlimited.

This is a dishonest term pure and simple when applied to hosting packages.
There is a huge difference between not capping the resources and claiming they are unlimited.

here's a good word to use -> unmetered

your spell check might ring, but everyone knows it's a word (a damn sexy one too)

Actually we are not making our self bigger that statement is true. Because where we lease our servers the company that we leased it trough is implementing that kind of security. Should we have word it other wise maybe, should we have added more to it maybe not should we have taken some out why?
I mean listen we all lease our servers almost everybody does ok. When the time comes and I have my own ACTUAL building with servers inside and I can claim as my own property, than I could talk about my own security and my own procedure but until than yes I will rely on softlayer, rackspace or hostcentral or whomever I am leasing my servers from to provide that for me. And the same people that administer my servers have administered the big boys out there at some point of time. And just to touch on cableguy comment lol this is why we are not around forums because of people like him who are lurking this websites looking for the cheapest host and cant wait for a little thing to go wrong to be ranting about a hosting company. Thats why we are not the cheapest and never will be. We strive to provide good service and again are humans like everybody else. As far for the unlimited bandwidth yes absolutely unlimited no cap no gap I dont know what I should explain about that. As far as the Disk it is limited to surcent extent bet when you get to your limit we upgrade it so really it would be unlimited as long as you are with us. Now if you have a website like ebay or youtube first you wouldn't be looking for a shared hosting you cheap bastard LOL just kidding. Dont forget read on bluehost and host monster and hostgator teling people unlimited everything and than they shut down your site because of the usage and than look for lbhosting doing that same thing NOPE you ain't going to find it. Thats because we pay people not to post comments LOL joking again. Hey This is fun. But seriously can we dropped If it wasn't for this joomla deal I would give everybody free account to try us out for one month on this forum. But than they might ask for joomla templates with out paying so can't do it. I hope with this we can close this subject. And talk about something interesting and more fun because I am typing all this on my iPad it takes skills let me tell you, to type this much on this little thing. Thank you

Michael.

It is very clear that you are not going to address the main issue of plagiarism, which is the main concern of the majority of this forum.

In my personal opinion, your participation and continuation of this discussion has damaged your image even further.

There is zero justification of you using another company's content, word by word.

Your random banter is benefiting no one, not even yourself.

TiNner, I think many of us have been thinking the same however the fact that he chooses to dig deeper to reveal more concerning issues regarding his company and the deception techniques used can only be held to further protect potential clients from choosing such providers.

As regards to the unlimited disk space, I could quite happily generate 4tb of random php scripts in a matter of minutes and give them an upload... wonder how long my account would exist :p

i guess we all have different thresholds. plus i cant articulate like "conor" (i put him in quotes because i don't really know him yet it would have sounded like i did) who's posts are heroic most of the time, with their fashionably-lengthy perfection.

Wow :D If only my professors from college would have thought so! I do tend to have wordy responses don't I? You should see the helpdesk ticket responses when the staff let me reply!

I'm a firm believer in more information is better (as long as it's relevant). I come from the BBS days when EVERYTHING was written, and the short hand "texting" style of writing I just can't do. Even on my phone currently, I use the slideout keyboard and use full words when texting. :)

When I post on a forum, I tend to re-read my post as the moment I hit SEND it becomes a permanent badge associated with both my name and my company. You'll be hard pressed to find me slamming ANYONE if you do a search in Google (even spammers don't get slammed, they get exposed).

I have worked very hard over the years on design projects and websites, and from time to time, people have stolen my work. Prior to the DMCA availability, I have filed numerous cease and desist along with legal cases based on the Berne Convention - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berne_Convention_for_the_Protection_of_Literary_and_Artistic_Works

In each of them, I have won! The reason? It's MY original work. I work hard to make sure that my websites are written not only to keep the audience, but also in this day and age, attract users through search engines. When someone STEALS my creative work, I go after them.

I don't spend a lot of time on www.copyscape.com, but every now and then I pop in, enter the URLs for some of my more frequent pages people take, and then I send out my form letters to the necessary people. There's also a few programs that can be download that will automate this task, but I haven't used them much.

Also, one extra little bit of potentially useful information;
When you copy text from one site, and use it as your own - Google will eventually catch up. Only the original artist (the first place to post it) will get the results in the search engine. Often times the duplicated content does not rank in the search engine. Granted, it's next to impossible for Google to go through every page on the web and compare it to someone else, then say which is valid and which is not, but portions of this are currently in practice. This is why you see so many people offering "article spinning" services (where they replace "X" lines in an article in order to come up with original work).

Using someones idea and expanding upon it is normal. I've read many articles, taken my own thoughts about it, and then rewritten an article from MY point of view - this is not copying word for word or anything like it. It becomes my own creative work. When I reference other articles, I include a reference.

So, I'll leave you with this:

Instead of writing "our datacenter" does XYZ, I say "the datacenter we use". If you're a one man show, don't write "Our Team", it's untrue and misleading. There are hundreds of thousands of people who are quite happy to be with a small shop - many actually prefer it. There are also just as many people that are happy supporting a SINGLE PERSON operation. It gives them the extra warm fuzzy of helping another person succeed. As long as there are no problems, people don't have an issue sending customers to a place that offers reliable service, a great price and a friendly smile.

I MERGED THE TWO THREADS IN ONE SO ALL CAN FOLLOW PROPERLY.

I have little to add to this discussion except for informing why the two clients who posted reviews lost account privileges: registration information matched. If you can identify both of these clients, please do so by posting URLs to their sites, hosted with you.

Overall, let's not dig the hole deeper. Michael (from LBHosting), you mentioned you don't seek exposure on forums, yet we have an official representation since 2009 (in fact, 2 short months after domain name was registered): http://www.hostingdiscussion.com/members/lbhosting.html.

On user profile page your company states you have been in business since 2004, but the domain name was registered in 2009. Where does 2004 come from? On top of that, the above mentioned member broke the forum policy on one occasion (out of 3 posts in total) by posting advertising in an unauthorized forum, which shows lack of respect toward the rules in place.

I also do not understand how it happened that with a startup company at that time, the manager of the company registered on HostingDiscussion.com within 30 minutes from original poster of this thread you are complaining about: http://www.hostingdiscussion.com/web-host-reviews/21470-lbhosting.html

These are the facts that I'd like to receive further clarification on and I have zero interest in fabricating any of them, as I don't run a hosting company.

Finally, I absolutely don't get how advertising on this site influence what happens on its pages in any way? We have both positive and negative reviews posted about some clients. Additionally, those companies that got banned for breaking the rules that try to get unbanned by purchasing ad space - that doesn't work either. So what is your argument exactly?

It's interesting that you bring up Hostgator and their Terms and Conditions concerning unlimited. Your own Terms of Services state that you have bandwidth allocations depending on plans, but I'm not finding those allocations listed anywhere on your site. Then it goes on to discuss termination policy based on violations of that assigned allocation. Am I missing something? :confused:

Can you provide the site address you have with them.

I would be concerned if I were you.
Unlimited disk space and transfer is dishonest.
I would also be concerned that the seem to have plagiarized on their site:

http://www.lbhosting.com/company.html

http://www.rackspace.com/whyrackspace/network/datacenters.php

http://www.lbhosting.com/datacenter-api.html

http://softlayer.com/facilities.html

http://www.lbhosting.com/

http://www.hostgator.com/company.shtml

http://www.lbhosting.com/terms-of-service.html

http://www.bluehost.com/cgi/info/terms.html

The overall level of dishonesty on this site is remarkable.

Good luck with them.

Nothing is unlimited, if it was we can power the world's internet traffic through this server.

Michael - would sure love some clarification on your "no cap, no gap" statement and how that relates to your bandwidth allocation on your Terms and Services. :)