Large providers in Europe

Artashes

Administrator
Staff member
I am looking at discovering providers with a large presence/infrastructure in Europe (dedicated/cloud/CDN/etc).

OVH is one, but who else is there?

For the European market, I think SiteGround would have to be included on the list. They have London, Amsterdam and Netherlands.

I hate to mention them, but 1&1 (IONIS) has a large footprint too. Originally from Germany as part of a marketing company, they're now 10+ datacenters in Europe. I would put my stuff there? no, but that's a personal preference. :)

Amazon AWS and Google Cloud have European spots, so they'd have to go on the list.

Hetzner, based in Germany, also has a spot in Finland.
Scaleway does a lot of healthcare stuff and is based in France
hostinguk.net - located in England and various ISO certifications
AltusHost.com (Which I will always pronounce as Alt U.S. Host) - 5 locations (mainly Eastern Europe)

OVH seems to always be dominating the various places and the news (especially the past few months with their fires).

I hate to mention them, but 1&1 (IONIS) has a large footprint too. Originally from Germany as part of a marketing company, they're now 10+ datacenters in Europe. I would put my stuff there? no, but that's a personal preference. :)
Exactly what I personally and, I guess, many others think of them, but they are possibly the biggest player along with or after OVH.

Scaleway does a lot of healthcare stuff and is based in France
And has data center in Amsterdam.

hostinguk.net - located in England and various ISO certifications
AltusHost.com (Which I will always pronounce as Alt U.S. Host) - 5 locations (mainly Eastern Europe)
Haven't have heard lot about these two (except few places including advertising in this forum), doubt they are among the biggest players.

Aruba Cloud is quite serious company in this field, many data center locations across Europe. Like in case with Ionos, it might not be for everyone.

Leaseweb has few data center locations in Europe also.

• Hetzner is pretty big.
  • UpCloud is a growing cloud infrastructure provider, started in Finland but has quite a few data centres across Europe.
  • IONOS is best avoided by anyone who likes a simple life wherever they are from.