Know, like and trust

SenseiSteve

HD Moderator
Staff member
How well do your prospects and clients actually know, like and trust you, your firm and staff? For example, I see a lot of web hosting firms simply listing their products, services, specs and prices on their ads and websites. When prospects are performing research to determine which web hosting provider to go with, should that decision be based entirely on specs and prices? If they're smart, the answer is a resounding no.

So how do YOU convey know, like and trust to a web hosting prospect online?

For us, we run a Facebook Live every Friday at 1pm where we chat SEO or Design for 20-30 minutes (episode 124 completed on Friday). We've done this pretty consistently for the past 2 years on Facebook, but we will be shifting to YouTube Live shortly due to streaming issues and how they're handling Live Events on the platform. We usually take our Facebook Live videos and upload to our YouTube channel, but now with them being directly on YouTube, it'll be an extra step we don't have to do.

The exposure via Video has been a HUGE impact on our existing and future clients. They get to see us, how we react with each other, and usually, there's some live interaction with viewers where people can see how we react on our feet with questions.

Similarly, there are a couple of SEO Software companies whose tools we use in our business, and much of that was based on their videos, how-to's, and knowledgebase articles.

Video has become a very easy way to show people that you're a likable person, or that you're knowledgeable on a topic. Showing that you're trustworthy can be a little bit more of a challenge, however, if you're not afraid to put your face and name out there, that can speak volumes for itself too.

When I ran the hosting company, I was involved in dozens of online forums, from web design, programming, shopping carts, and of course here at HD. Each one lent to my credibility and knowledge on how to fix or do something. The design and programming help was exactly that, free help. No promise of a client or conversion, but freely providing that information often lead to inquiries and conversions none the less.

If you haven't jumped into video, even if you hate the very idea of being on video, it's the quickest way to get in front of people to show them that you are a real person, with views, and knowledge on a topic. Whether Facebook or YouTube (or another platform), you can cross share the video to others without much of an issue.

I was just thinking the other day, how hard is it really to make things personal? If I saw real faces of people behind the company, support staff, that would make things so different, in a good way! It would send a message that a company isn't hiding behind digital walls and it would humanize the relationship.

I really like the professionalism of management and support staff of my current hosting company IO Zoom. I know the staff by their name, but it'd be double as fun to see their pictures on the site.

I was just thinking the other day, how hard is it really to make things personal? If I saw real faces of people behind the company, support staff, that would make things so different, in a good way! It would send a message that a company isn't hiding behind digital walls and it would humanize the relationship.
This was BIG in LiveChat also over the years. Being able to put a person's face to the name makes them much more human than just a LiveChat icon.