I've been trying reseller hosting

webling

I got linked with a company quite awhile ago and added their form to my website. But so far no success, and no customers. I have some links on a few sites but nothing so far. What might be the best way of getting the word out?

Just so we are clear what we are talking about, are you referring to the site mentioned in your signature?

Marketing in any business can be perceived as boring. Connect with other businesses in your industry, engage with customers on social media, and provide exclusive deals or discounts to draw in new customers.

Finding web hosting customers isn't just throw something up on your website, and customers will come.

It's hard graft. There are thousands of hosting companies out there already, many have been established for many, many years - some don't even last a year. You need to build up a brand, a trust between potential customers and your brand. Too many hosts come and go therefore it's hard to build up a reputation when starting out as for all people know you might not even be in business after a month.

Why would someone choose your service over any other out there?

As @Artashes asked, is it the URL in your signature? If so, and the screenshots I've attached are valid, then you don't necessarily have a signup problem but a branding and marketing problem.

Maybe there's a CSS issue happening and I'm not seeing the site right, but either way, you've got issues on your site long before you should be thinking about marketing. Anyone coming to this site, it's it's current state as attached below, they're not going to sign up. They probably won't even click the link for "service" as I did.

Attachments

• Services-–-Host-Moves.jpg
    Services-–-Host-Moves.jpg
    914.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Host-Moves-–-Web-Hosting.jpg
    Host-Moves-–-Web-Hosting.jpg
    706.5 KB · Views: 5
If Host Moves is the site you are asking about, then it would rate among the most confusing experiences I've had when it comes to web hosting company websites. Besides development issues, as Conor with @bigredseo mentioned, you need to think about redrafting the site itself. Currently it is not even clear what the site is selling. At minimum you need to get a web hosting focused template where you'd present your key hosting plans up front. You also need to tell a story about your company: who you are, how long and why you are in this business. With an abundance of companies out there, trust is an essential element in customer decision making process. If your website cannot communicate that you are committed to this business and your customers 100%, you aren't going to turn it into sales.

Just so we are clear what we are talking about, are you referring to the site mentioned in your signature?
Yes. I just redeveloped the site but I'm still working on the order form. I'm trying to figure out how to get customers. I've never been good at that part. I know it's important to start with a good design so hopefully I have one.

As @Artashes asked, is it the URL in your signature? If so, and the screenshots I've attached are valid, then you don't necessarily have a signup problem but a branding and marketing problem.

Maybe there's a CSS issue happening and I'm not seeing the site right, but either way, you've got issues on your site long before you should be thinking about marketing. Anyone coming to this site, it's it's current state as attached below, they're not going to sign up. They probably won't even click the link for "service" as I did.
I changed the site, it's all new now. I just have to get the order form done.

If Host Moves is the site you are asking about, then it would rate among the most confusing experiences I've had when it comes to web hosting company websites. Besides development issues, as Conor with @bigredseo mentioned, you need to think about redrafting the site itself. Currently it is not even clear what the site is selling. At minimum you need to get a web hosting focused template where you'd present your key hosting plans up front. You also need to tell a story about your company: who you are, how long and why you are in this business. With an abundance of companies out there, trust is an essential element in customer decision making process. If your website cannot communicate that you are committed to this business and your customers 100%, you aren't going to turn it into
It's not been selling anything after being up quite awhile so I figured it needs a better look. I updated the site today.

Yes. I just redeveloped the site but I'm still working on the order form. I'm trying to figure out how to get customers. I've never been good at that part. I know it's important to start with a good design so hopefully I have one.
While the design is important, it's not the key driver of success. I've seen companies that have a minimalist approach (no graphical design at all), but are doing great, because they know how to operate with content.

I see the improvement, but to me, you are missing the target when I land on the website and still have a difficult time understanding what it is you do right away. It takes a full page scroll down just to get to the development/marketing talk. But still no mention of web hosting and no visible hosting packages anywhere.

I don't suggest wasting the precious top-of-the-page screen real estate this way. Instead, tell the people in the most direct way what the company does and make sure you have at least 1 featured hosting deal offered.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-08 at 10.45.01 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-08 at 10.45.01 PM.png
    845.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Please be careful using a free HTML template that you found. I know it's great to use free ones, but if you're being forced to keep their copyright on the site, you're broadcasting to your potential clients that you're not willing to invest in your own site, let alone servers.

If you need to get started quickly, grab a basic web hosting template from templatemonster.com or themeforest.com. You can pick one up for $30-$70 and you'll have a basic starting point with things.

I'm guessing you're just starting the rebuild process, so I'll not pick this design apart, but please be sure that if the template you're using says that you did "x" or are doing "y", then you are actually doing it.

For marketing, you can't do any of it until you get your site ready - it's like advertising a store but there's no lights in the building. Lets get the site up and running and fully optimized before you put a dime into adwords, links, reach out campaigns or facebook.

While the design is important, it's not the key driver of success. I've seen companies that have a minimalist approach (no graphical design at all), but are doing great, because they know how to operate with content.

I see the improvement, but to me, you are missing the target when I land on the website and still have a difficult time understanding what it is you do right away. It takes a full page scroll down just to get to the development/marketing talk. But still no mention of web hosting and no visible hosting packages anywhere.

I don't suggest wasting the precious top-of-the-page screen real estate this way. Instead, tell the people in the most direct way what the company does and make sure you have at least 1 featured hosting deal offered.
Thank you for your input.
I did put "Host Moves - web hosting" at the top of the page thinking it would tell visitors what I do.
Once I get the cart built then I can add a link at the top of the page.

Please be careful using a free HTML template that you found. I know it's great to use free ones, but if you're being forced to keep their copyright on the site, you're broadcasting to your potential clients that you're not willing to invest in your own site, let alone servers.

If you need to get started quickly, grab a basic web hosting template from templatemonster.com or themeforest.com. You can pick one up for $30-$70 and you'll have a basic starting point with things.

I'm guessing you're just starting the rebuild process, so I'll not pick this design apart, but please be sure that if the template you're using says that you did "x" or are doing "y", then you are actually doing it.

For marketing, you can't do any of it until you get your site ready - it's like advertising a store but there's no lights in the building. Lets get the site up and running and fully optimized before you put a dime into adwords, links, reach out campaigns or facebook.
I understand about not marketing the site until it's complete. I was apprehensive about getting a template with a link at the bottom. I could write the page myself but this saves a lot of time. I have been considering getting a paid template. I have one somewhere for another hosting company I operated in the past for about 12 years. It's brighter also and I am considering using that instead. Thanks for your input.

Hi...
To attract more customers, optimize your website for SEO and leverage social media to engage with your audience. Start a blog and use email marketing to keep customers informed. Invest in online ads and collaborate with influencers to widen your reach. Encourage customer referrals and positive reviews, and use analytics to adjust your strategies for better performance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi...
To attract more customers, optimize your website for SEO and leverage social media to engage with your audience. Start a blog and use email marketing to keep customers informed. Invest in online ads and collaborate with influencers to widen your reach. Encourage customer referrals and positive reviews, and use analytics to adjust your strategies for better performance.
I just got done developing a new site. I think this one will be a LOT bettter.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dod30