Is 'unlimited' or 'unmetered' bandwidth in hosting plans truly limitless?

osayi

Hi, What do you guys think about this issue? I have worked with many companies, but in the end, they always say that I need
to upgrade my package.

The level of data usage allowed depends on the data center and the services they offer. It is also important to clarify whether there is unlimited traffic for each packet or for each node. In the case of shared hosting or VPS, there is often the possibility to exceed the set limit imposed by the hosting provider, as the allocated resources may not always be accurately calculated for each hosting package.

It is crucial to recognize that there are limits in place, and ultimately these limits may be reached, even on dedicated servers.

But at the end of the day their will always be a limit, too much traffic then server slows down and eventually will be killed

Exactly this and not only this, as say if the provider has a 1Gb/s uplink on the server then the most that can be pushed through it is ~10.5TB a day or 10Gb/s at ~105TB a day (very rough, without overheads calculation). There is always going to be limits.

Exactly this and not only this, as say if the provider has a 1Gb/s uplink on the server then the most that can be pushed through it is ~10.5TB a day or 10Gb/s at ~105TB a day (very rough, without overheads calculation). There is always going to be limits.
also financial implications as you could be paying $200 a month for your server, and list an unlimited plan for $20 a month which means in effect you are allowing a client to use the whole of your $200 server for $20

There is no unlimited hosting ever, if you exceed the limits of space or bandwidth, your sites will be down.

There is no unlimited hosting ever, if you exceed the limits of space or bandwidth, your sites will be down.
that depends as std of you exceeds b/w or space your site would be down with a notice to say it is offline until next monthly period, but you can also set up in cpanel a way that when i site exceeds b/w or space rather than site going down the site owner is charged extra per mb