Is this host reliable????

Mr. Nx

I bet people comes here with their reviews about hosts but am here asking for one instead.

Actually i am hosting my sites with Domainz.in for the past few months and everything seems fine but recently after reading a blogpost somewhere regarding reliability of hosts i am compelled to reconsider things here.
First, my host has no support forums.
Secondly, it has very limited informations on the net. Infact, if i search for domainz.in, all i get from google is their site itself and nothing else.
Finally, they don't answer phone calls though they do reply emails.
(i choosed them coz they are in my country and they accept local debit cards as well as online banking support is also there)

i shall be glad if anyone could review it for me and suggest if i shall stay or move?

A lack of support forums wouldn't constitute grounds to leave in my opinion.
Do they have a support portal (ticket system)? Or do they only use email as a means of support? How has your uptime been since you've been with them? How long do they take to respond to an email when you send a request for help?

A lack of support forums wouldn't constitute grounds to leave in my opinion.
Do they have a support portal (ticket system)? Or do they only use email as a means of support? How has your uptime been since you've been with them? How long do they take to respond to an email when you send a request for help?

well, i can't say if its a support ticket system but there is a "contact us" link on the site and thats the only way to get to them. They don't reply back through my account on their site but through email only. No complain numbers provided.

Honestly their uptime is great for the past 5 months. It takes them an average of 24 hrs to reply, sometimes they fails to get back and i had to remind them.

I am afraid coz i still don't understand some Domain name policies and webhosting rules if any.
Suppose in my case, i have three domains registered through them and two hosting packages. What if tommoro they shut down their website?
I can't access my domains and site right?
For my site data its okay coz i regularly back up my databases and files but my concern is How can i renew my domain or manage it if their site is totally damaged or removed?
Is there any kind of legal assurances from say, ICANN?
(i am not doubting them but they seem to be quite new with lesser userbase so am not sure)

I am afraid coz i still don't understand some Domain name policies and webhosting rules if any.
Suppose in my case, i have three domains registered through them and two hosting packages. What if tommoro they shut down their website?
For my site data its okay coz i regularly back up my databases and files but my concern is How can i renew my domain or manage it if their site is totally damaged or removed?
(i am not doubting them but they seem to be quite new with lesser userbase so am not sure)

what do you not understand?

It is not recommended to have domains regsitered with the host if you dont have a domain control panel separate to the hosting panels.

If their server goes down you wont have acces to your site/files, not sure about domains.

good you take backups, for domains, check on your domain with http://whois.domaintools.com and their should be a line saying 'registered through' this will tell you exactly were your domains are

Not really

If you check http://resellers.domainz.in/ they are just a resellerclub reseller using the default supersite pages directed to their own domain

Last edited:

i mean, does the ICANN makes sure that the registrars are well equipped and users are safe before giving them license/permissions to register domains? ( it may not happen but suppose the registrar losses all their users' datas due to reasons unavoidable, is there a way for users to get back their domains?)
Not really
If you check http://resellers.domainz.in/ they are just a resellerclub reseller using the default supersite pages directed to their own domain[/QUOTE]
perhaps that makes the reliably genuine.....

honestly I Was expecting you. I read that thread about the paypal scammer. Appreciate your knowledge and your help to community members, thanks!

i mean, does the ICANN makes sure that the registrars are well equipped and users are safe before giving them license/permissions to register domains? ( it may not happen but suppose the registrar losses all their users' datas due to reasons unavoidable, is there a way for users to get back their domains?)
Not really
If you check http://resellers.domainz.in/ they are just a resellerclub reseller using the default supersite pages directed to their own domain

honestly I Was expecting you. I read that thread about the paypal scammer. Appreciate your knowledge and your help to community members, thanks![/QUOTE]

All a registrar has to do is agree to ICANN and Nominet service agreements and pay their fees. your data is not stored on the domain. you get a hosting package with resources and then point your registered domain to the hosts server. If a host folds and you lose your data, if you dont have backups and the host does not have backups then the data is lost. if the domain is regsitered in your name and is paid for then this remains registered in your name. and you just need to transfer this to another host. id say this host folds then you could contact resellerclub and they shoul;d be able to help you transfer the domain as its on their system. an ICAN dispute can take ages and cost a small fortune as ICANN will instruct you to contact 1 of their dispute agents and these will change heavily.

not really as they dont have their own website with their own support system, they have most likely got as free resellerclub reseller account and are just reselling services provided by resellerclub, so yes resellerclub are reliable and trusted, but if this host folds then their reselerclub account will close taking all services with it.

We use resellerclub , but just for domains which we keep that system separate from our hosting and through their API links to our WHMCS so clients can register their own domains and get a domain account through our resellerclub account.

Last edited:
they have nameserver set as

Name Server:NS1.HOSTINGCOSMOS.COM
Name Server:NS2.HOSTINGCOSMOS.COM

but HOSTINGCOSMOS.COM just directs to domainz.in which would turn me off using them

Actually there is nothing wrong with NS1 resolving to the dns server and @ resolving to a different web server.

Besides that, those are hostgator nameservers anyway.

Actually there is nothing wrong with NS1 resolving to the dns server and @ resolving to a different web server.

Besides that, those are hostgator nameservers anyway.

who says the NS1 is resolving to DNS server.

i said the domain HOSTINGCOSMOS.COM directs to domainz.in.

the NS IPs are on Texas - Dallas - Theplanet.com Internet Services Inc.

so why do this but then just use a free resellerclub supersite/partnersite taged to their own domain

Last edited:
I do....to hostgator nameserver :)

the nameservers point to Theplanet.com Internet Services Inc.

this lookjs like he has taken a FREE domain reseller account with Theplanet.com and set the supersite/partnersite up with cname to run under his own domain and then just offering resellerclub services

the nameservers point to Theplanet.com Internet Services Inc.

this lookjs like he has taken a FREE domain reseller account with Theplanet.com and set the supersite/partnersite up with cname to run under his own domain and then just offering resellerclub services

Theplanet.com is a datacenter....a very big one. Hostgator colocates their servers there. The nameserver is on fiesta.websitewelcome.com which belongs to hostgator. NSx.websitewelcome.com is the whitelabel nameservers for hostgator resellers. The domainz.in resolves to fiesta.websitewelcome.com

Just sayin'......

Theplanet.com is a datacenter....a very big one. Hostgator colocates their servers there. The nameserver is on fiesta.websitewelcome.com which belongs to hostgator. NSx.websitewelcome.com is the whitelabel nameservers for hostgator resellers. The domainz.in resolves to fiesta.websitewelcome.com

Just sayin'......

websitewelcome.com is a Godaddy server so fiesta.websitewelcome.com belongs to Go Daddy.

HOSTINGCOSMOS.COM is registered with Go Daddy, so this domain is using the registrars DNS service for his nameservers then they have got a free resellerclub domain reseller account, registered a domain domainz.in and then pointed this to their supersite/partnersite and are just reselling the services provided by resellerclub, this way they are not paying any server fees etc. as technically they are not hosting any clients, they just have domains

From Hostgator Documentation:

Many resellers choose to have their own name servers for appearance reasons. Using our anonymous name servers of ns1.websitewelcome.com and ns2.websitewelcome.com can be less professional looking for a hosting company

See also http://support.hostgator.com/articl...ns-name-servers/what-are-private-name-servers

i have a domain with godaddy and if i set it to use their namservers this these are ns1.websitewelcome.com and ns2.websitewelcome.com.

but regardless the domains HOSTINGCOSMOS.COM and domainz.in are not being hosted by anyone and they are not technically hosting any clients which makes them unreliable to use them as hosting any websites as if they let their domains expire your sites may still be online as they are hosted by resellerclub, but you wont have any access to files etc as these would have been through the account of domainz.in and it would be hard to get any backups etc. from resellerclub

Last edited:
easthostmedia said:
HOSTINGCOSMOS.COM and domainz.in are notbeing hosted by anyone and they are not technically hosting any clients which makes them unreliable to use them

oh ghosh! I am doomed. I have four domains and four websites hosted with them on two hosting packages using the addon feature. Shall I think about moving them out then?
( actually i was reluctant in the first place but where I live (Nagaland: India) we don't yet have any credit card providers and we depends on Online banking and local regional or national debit cards only and so can't buy from other hosts!)

Do you think "BigRock" will be better?

Mr. Nx, please keep in mind that any review outside of direct experience is subjective. Whether it is based on a piece of information or a gut feeling, it is difficult to review a service without first-hand experience. Even then, most of the time, an experience can be unique to each person.

oh ghosh! I am doomed. I have four domains and four websites hosted with them on two hosting packages using the addon feature. Shall I think about moving them out then?
( actually i was reluctant in the first place but where I live (Nagaland: India) we don't yet have any credit card providers and we depends on Online banking and local regional or national debit cards only and so can't buy from other hosts!)

Do you think "BigRock" will be better?

looks like ther same type of setup

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1170858&highlight=BigRock

but may be more stable as Bigrock seem to be owned by directi/resellerclub direct

Mr. Nx, please keep in mind that any review outside of direct experience is subjective. Whether it is based on a piece of information or a gut feeling, it is difficult to review a service without first-hand experience. Even then, most of the time, an experience can be unique to each person.

Thank you Artashes, actually they are so far great to me, support is also fine but being a noob I feel the need to follow the masses and not walk alone and also get as much consultations as possible from those who has already walked similar paths..... (prevention is better than cure)