Is the hosting market oversaturated?

There are many who follow.. but only who implements his IDEA.

You have to create a concept and market it .. if you are good into service and prompt support you will have good client working together.

Yes it has indeed become more competitive over the years with the development of the reseller hosting industry. However I feel there is still room for growth especially if you are providing a particular niche.

The barriers to entry in the web hosting industry have become low with, it has become agglomerated and competitive.

I guess yeah the forum reviews are biased, its always hard to find 'proper' reviews.

Live chat is a useful service/feature, and something that I'd definitely expect from any host.

the forum reviews are biased, its always hard to find 'proper' reviews.

Not really, the fact with reviews in general is that 9/10 reviews are made due too bad experiences as it seems people only write reviews if they have had a bad experience with a host, very few reviews are from people who have had good experiences from a host.

There are a lot of companies and more are popping up all the time but good ones are, was and will be ahead of others for sure. Its the product that counts in tight situations like this one:) The more unique your company is the better.

The hosting market has been bloated for the past 10 years or more - primarily due to the fact that anyone can become a reseller, Also pricing for hosting has gone way below the true value of where web hosting should be due to this fact / and other big giants low balling their hosting services to the cost of a cup of coffee ;) So yes many many choices - perhaps that is the fun of finding a good solid home for your web site ;) Never ending slew of new hosting providers / the one's that survive and have the most longevity are doing something right.

Dave

The market is never saturated. It just depends on how you do, the small 1 can grow up to become big and the big 1 may collapse in 1 day.

Well ,in this world everybody has a piece of cake .I think the good point is that we have more options , every one should offer something different to compared the others companies .

Not really, the fact with reviews in general is that 9/10 reviews are made due too bad experiences as it seems people only write reviews if they have had a bad experience with a host, very few reviews are from people who have had good experiences from a host.

Maybe it won't lead to forums (and you can't ask as it can get you a ban in some places) but incentivizing clients to write a review is one way to give those happy clients a voice for your brand.

Signup to a review platform (a place where you can collect reviews) and then email a batch of your clients. Offer something that would be worth their while (an iPad for example) and watch the reviews come in.

Now, don't offer every client an iPad of course (you'll go bankrupt heh). Simply state you're picking 1 - 3 or something small like that for every batch of emails that go out.

I believe the hosting market is saturated and there is A LOT of people out there that 'try' to start a hosting business and don't really know what they are doing or what they are getting into and they are considered a 'fly by night' company. They are here today and gone tomorrow. Many, many companies have been like that and will continue to be like this. You have to know what you are doing and how to treat your customer's and how to market your business and do something different that no one else is doing. Don't reinvent the wheel. Be inventive and unique and set yourself apart from everyone else. People will appreciate you more.

Good luck with your business!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hostys