Is Reselling Profitable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really depends on the offerings.

A VPS a is great option as well because you can resell reseller hosting in addition to shared hosting.

If you provide packages with offerings such as a builder and other options, you can stand out compared to the competiition and selling will be easier.

Ask for promotion/reseller program, bump prices 10 to 30%, profit. Easy as that. Build a relationship with the reseller company and they should help you out and provide better promotions.

Hi there,

Reselling can be extremely profitable, but all depends on your audience (i.e. 12 year old with allowance money vs business selling cup cakes). Both are willing to put down some cash, but I would assume the business more if presented properly.

Make sure you advertise that you will only benefit their business with an online presence, but giving them that access to their own special domain e-mail, possibly forum, etc.

I've known companies in the past that started from a reseller account and are now fortune 500 companies and only took 4-6 years to achieve. Again, this was when the internet had a big boom, but who knows, there are always potential clients.

^ TG

Hi there,

Reselling can be extremely profitable, but all depends on your audience (i.e. 12 year old with allowance money vs business selling cup cakes). Both are willing to put down some cash, but I would assume the business more if presented properly.

Make sure you advertise that you will only benefit their business with an online presence, but giving them that access to their own special domain e-mail, possibly forum, etc.

I've known companies in the past that started from a reseller account and are now fortune 500 companies and only took 4-6 years to achieve. Again, this was when the internet had a big boom, but who knows, there are always potential clients.

^ TG

But you also have to remember, the market is quite saturated at the moment, so becoming different or unique is going to be hard, espeically when theres is just so many out there already.

Yes, affirmative.
You can make money easily provided you know how to make efficient business and trust me this comes through experience only.

Yes, its profitable. Make sure to bundle your packages so that you have a lot of value items such as a builder, SEO etc.

and with reselling, if all goes pop, you are likely to lose less than if you pop out for all the kit in the start.

but more chance of a Reseller provider going POP than if you have your own VPS.

You have more control etc. if you have your own VPS, but better to start off with a Reseller

but more chance of a Reseller provider going POP than if you have your own VPS.

You have more control etc. if you have your own VPS, but better to start off with a Reseller

Whats the difference? If you have a reseller provider that goes "pop" you can just as easily have a VPS provider that goes "pop".

Whats the difference? If you have a reseller provider that goes "pop" you can just as easily have a VPS provider that goes "pop".

you could say the same if you have a dedicated server, but theirs more chance a reseller provider going pop or doing a runner than a VPS or Dedicated server provider, although like any business, nothing is save

I will second the other posts that agree that Reselling can be extremely profitable. We offer both Shared and Reseller plans, and I always let out a small 'cheer' whenever someone signs up for one of our reseller plans. :)

I will second the other posts that agree that Reselling can be extremely profitable. We offer both Shared and Reseller plans, and I always let out a small 'cheer' whenever someone signs up for one of our reseller plans. :)

Sounds like your here for the money? You should be happy when any customer signs up to any of your packages. Not just your resellers - especially for a small op such as yourselves.

Reselling is the easiest to make break even and then generate profits. It won't be huge but it will help you establish a brand with least startup capital. Once established you can always shift to a vps or dedi.

I think that if you can't make money on a reseller account, then you shouldn't be in the hosting business. A typical reseller account is $20/month or so, includes a billing system license, and, for this example, we'll say it includes end user support.

So with that $20/month cost you need to make money. Let's say you sell hosting for $5.95/month. You'd get $5.48/month after PayPal processing fees, so you'd only need to sell 4 accounts to make money. Even better, you can keep adding accounts until you near the account limits.

It's definitely not hard to be profitable on a reseller account. Dedicated servers, on the other hand, also aren't hard. You just need to understand that with the added cost is the ability to add more accounts, which, in the end, is more profitable.

I'm planning to start a resller business , but i'm totally new to the business and need a good advice from all the members here, The tips and tricks and also how we can do this business in a much profitable manner.

I think you should use a reseller account to start off with to make a name for yourself first, you probably wont be making profit off of a reseller account to be honest with you. Not for a while at least, you need to build a client base before you can start making profit and nobody goes with a host who is charging 20-25% more than other hosts when they are barely established.

I'm planning to start a resller business , but i'm totally new to the business and need a good advice from all the members here, The tips and tricks and also how we can do this business in a much profitable manner.

It would all depend on your plans, just make sure that your prices are good, offer is good so it can be profitable to you. But for me it works as well if managed very well also.

Being a hosting reseller could be profitable if you:

1. Starting business with a reputable hosting provider with 24x7 tech. support and great performance servers
2. Launching unique design business website
3. Offering hosting plans for cheap and with lots of features
4. Giving discounts
5. Offering great customer support
6. Running an effective marketing
7. Keeping in touch with your clients

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member