Is London still desirable?

mxnhost

Howdy,

I am wondering if London is still a desired location within the hosting marketing for Dedicated Servers and Cloud Hosting? With the current climate it has made me wonder if global business are looking into getting a UK based location?

I recently got a client asking if the pricing of our services will be reduced after Brexit?! To which I replied 'off course not' but is this something that potential customers are thinking?

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this - I too am asking the above questions and wonder if others feel the same.

That's a great question for all our UK-based members and hosts, about their expectations of demand, service and pricing post Brexit.

I believe the UK will continue to have it's normal demand, however the connectivity compared to Germany can raise some concerns for people.

The big item that I'm waiting to see is if other TelCom companies in Europe restrict the speeds into the UK market, or how the tax situation is going to affect a client in Madrid paying a company in Birmingham.

The focus is still on the MFG industry with regards to Brexit, I don't think people have really dug into the technology sector end of things (when it comes to Web Hosting especially).

UK Hosting has always been expensive compared to other parts of Europe, but then the UK itself is higher priced too. For businesses in England, they'll continue to do work with the companies in their country, but the taxes and tariffs that Brexit brings will be the deciding factor if the people in the EU pull their servers or not.

The issue in then UK is not connectivity, but the high costs for electricity etc.
You compare a like for like server in the UK and then USA and you will find it is nearly half the price in the USA than in the UK even taking into count then exchange rates and in then rest of then EU a server will be at least 30% cheaper than the same in then UK.

The issue in then UK is not connectivity, but the high costs for electricity etc.
You compare a like for like server in the UK and then USA and you will find it is nearly half the price in the USA than in the UK even taking into count then exchange rates and in then rest of then EU a server will be at least 30% cheaper than the same in then UK.

I'm finding that currently no one is looking to invest in the UK which is such a shame owing to Brexit.

I'm finding that currently no one is looking to invest in the UK which is such a shame owing to Brexit.

nothing will happen until we leave then EU.

it is due to brexit that i ended up closing my business as my servers were in USA and i was paying the same USD a mth, but the currency exchange rates meant i was paying 30 to 40% more a mth in GBP (no just server costs) and then i lost 2 large clients who had been with me for well over 10 years

London will stay as one of the primary markets for hosting it infrastructure for the financial industry. If the UK exits the European Union this would even help the financial industry if some regulations are loosened.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hostys