Is it possible to "oversell" a domain?

We've operated under many different brands, but have been consolidating under the brands which seem to be the most appealing.

Since we have the .com, .co.uk, .net, .info, .me, etc for each of the domains, as we have let them go I get emails like.

Dear xxxx

I have recently purchased domains blahblahblah.net and notice that you have many similar, I could let you have this for as little as $500+

If I find myself with spare time, I write back and say. Oh, yes, that was my domain that I let go, I can sell you the other 5 for $2500+ if you like.

I never hear back!

Hahaha! I forgot about these, I get them frequently as well. Either the names that I let drop myself or the ones that are close in spelling, or just other TLDs of the ones I own (I almost always retain a .com of the name if I were to drop other TLDs).

A couple of times I replied saying that I own a .COM which is more than sufficient for my needs, later to find out they dropped the name as well.

Actually, my friend is in Australia. He got domains that are mostly .com.au which is considered trusted domains since you need to have ABN before you can register it. He is getting good deals though.

Domains just like anything else are assets which can be sold for however much you can. The market determines the price at which you are able to sell.
One difference is that there can be 20 buyers willing to pay 10 USD but 1 buyer willing to pay 500 then you will sell for 500.
There is no perfect appraisal and prices are not centralized.
The best strategy is to list your domains and wait.

It is like a kind of investment. When you buy a new domain name you cannot be sure it will become popular in the future and someone want to buy it for good money. So this is risky a lot

I have a few domains in my back pocket I do not plan on using anymore. I paid a fair amount and I know I can get back what I paid. My question is, however... Can I oversell the domain?

What I mean is can I actually convince someone to pay more for it than I did and turn it into a profit? I don't have much experience with domain flipping/auctioning so I would like to hear from those of you who do.

Yes, you can do it easily. In domain & hosting industry, there're thousands of domains buying/selling daily with million dollars . If you want to do that, join namepros forum to learn many things from domainer experts there.