Is it difficult to get 2checkout approved for small businesses?

Angelshine

Hi,

Someone told me that it is difficult for small businesses to get 2checkout account approved for their business? Why is this problem? If I need to resell hosting and want to have 2checkout as payment method, what will be the procedure of getting my account approved?

Do I have to provide business documents etc?

And what is the feel for 2checkout? Do they also charge monthly fee with transaction fee?

Thanks.

Hello,

I don't think the size of your business matters, they are generally used by small to medium sixed businesses.

But 2Checkout from what I've read are now very fussy when it comes to web hosting providers, they may turn down your application based on this.

Hello,

I don't think the size of your business matters, they are generally used by small to medium sixed businesses.

But 2Checkout from what I've read are now very fussy when it comes to web hosting providers, they may turn down your application based on this.

I'm with you on this one I have heard the same as well,You could also check our stripe

https://stripe.com/ca

Hi,

Someone told me that it is difficult for small businesses to get 2checkout account approved for their business? Why is this problem? If I need to resell hosting and want to have 2checkout as payment method, what will be the procedure of getting my account approved?

Do I have to provide business documents etc?

And what is the feel for 2checkout? Do they also charge monthly fee with transaction fee?

Thanks.

You should pass their steps, its not depend of your company size.

I would recommend that you provide payments with PayPal and Bitcoin also. You increase the number of available clients. Regarding to 2checkout, they have pretty strict rules, so if you have a lot of bounce clients, your account might get banned.

2checkout application is not hard, but you need to prove you are who you are.

Like a valid name and address, Tax id or EIN, Bank account were to send funds. How much do you think your process income will be.

Then you need to sign 3 Documents and sent it back to them.

Last edited:
I would recommend Stripe.

a thing with 2 checkout is that once you have an account setup which is easy they will expect you to force your clients to use them as if no client uses them in a 4 month period then they will downgrade your account to a buy only account ( meaning you can only buy services/goods through your account) and then after 6 months your account get suspended.

I would recommend Stripe.

a thing with 2 checkout is that once you have an account setup which is easy they will expect you to force your clients to use them as if no client uses them in a 4 month period then they will downgrade your account to a buy only account ( meaning you can only buy services/goods through your account) and then after 6 months your account get suspended.

If you haven't got a single client paying during a 4 month period then 2CheckOut is a waste of an option for your site *at the moment*. Not saying closing your account is right or wrong but in reality, they haven't prevented one of your clients paying you since no one paid via 2CheckOut.

That being said, yes, they are not very hosting-friendly and I've heard lots of stories of them closing good accounts for very little to nothing.

All things considered, you got another recommendation for Stripe :).

If you haven't got a single client paying during a 4 month period then 2CheckOut is a waste of an option for your site *at the moment*.

I have clients paying every month, but if you take 2co then clients have to use them, so you cannot sign up to 2co and use them as an alternative payment option, they have to be your main payment option.

I can't speak for right now, but when I started out in 2002, it was cakewalk. Then again, I wouldn't ever go back to them .. Too many issues on their end, and there was more than one occasion of 'late payment' which they completely brushed off and ignored.

Did you try Skrill? They are one of the largest payment group in the world. 2CO is great, until they suspend your account for no reason and that is the end of it. You receive your money, but if they block the payments for your customers to pay, it might disrupt your cash flow.

What about stripe? Is it like PayPal or it's just processing credit cards?

You can only process cards and Bitcoin through Stripe. You funds appear in your account after 7 days (2? for the US accounts).

With that in mind, you don't get any 'balance' which you can send / use to make payments with. You have to wait for the funds to arrive in your bank before it is possible to spend them.