Introduction post

mikho

Hi!

I noticed that even if i have been here for some time, I forgot to post an introduction :)

Here goes!

I go by the name mikho around forums, a username that I have used for some 15 years. The history behind it is that it's a combination from my first name and last name that I got as username when I was in school.

Being a man in the prime of my life I take work seriously, but still have the ability to laugh and joke about situations. My sense of humour could sometimes be mistaken for sarcastic or even morbid in some cases. I mean no harm with it however.

Even if I do have a small reseller account for shared hosting, it's not something I do as a living.

I do own a few sites that are hosting related, more in the tutorial/guide/howto field, the main site being mentioned in my signature.

I do hope that I will be able to bring something good to the forums by answering questions and asking some in return.

So.... Hi! :beer::bouncy:

mikho, that was one of the nicest introductions I've read in a while. Thank you for taking the time, seriously.

Welcoming you to a community is a little awkward for me since you have already been actively participating and I've been reading your posts daily. Nevertheless, it is totally awesome to have you join HostingDiscussion.

I have some of the nicest memories of Sweden. It was the first country that I travelled to with my parents outside of the Soviet Union! It was back in 1989 and I was just 8 years old. I remember how people were super nice and a bit shocked to meet "the Soviets". Guess the same kind of reaction I'd get today if I come across someone from North Korea.

Would you look at that, you made me reach into my childhood memories... thanks for that.

Anyway, I certainly wish you enjoy this community. We built it based on public feedback and opinion of members like you and we always try to do better. So if you have any questions or concerns, you can always reach out to me directly and I'll do my best to assist.

My sense of humour could sometimes be mistaken for sarcastic or even morbid in some cases.
I am guilty of the same, so I am sure your humour won't be misunderstood. :)