Integrating AI into Dedicated Server Management

DediRock

Hi,
Are you integrating AI into managing dedicated servers?
I am curious about how AI can improve server performance and reduce downtime.

Yes, we use it. As an eco-friendly provider, we sought a solution to reduce energy consumption on our servers. AI has enabled us to manage our energy use more effectively by analyzing the consumption patterns of our users at various times throughout the day and night. As a result, we have significantly decreased energy consumption by minimizing idle resources during low-demand hours.

In this regard we don't do AI at this moment, rather doing some gold maths, analyzing patterns, checking server status, optimizing some stuff, etc.

I seen a screenshot the other day where a user asked ChatGPT a sys admin related question. One of the steps was to run 'sudo dnf install dnf'. Yeah, that'll work...

It's good and ChatGPT has written many small scripts to save time for me, something that would have taken me 30 minutes has taken GPT a few seconds. Yes, I have to review it's output everytime and there have been some mistakes in that code which could have been catastrophic.

I use it for small, boring tasks but wouldn't never run anything it outputs without thorough review first therefore you still need great understanding in the tasks you want it to for you.

I seen a screenshot the other day where a user asked ChatGPT a sys admin related question. One of the steps was to run 'sudo dnf install dnf'. Yeah, that'll work...

It's good and ChatGPT has written many small scripts to save time for me, something that would have taken me 30 minutes has taken GPT a few seconds. Yes, I have to review it's output everytime and there have been some mistakes in that code which could have been catastrophic.

I use it for small, boring tasks but wouldn't never run anything it outputs without thorough review first therefore you still need great understanding in the tasks you want it to for you.
And that GPT not suggesting to install yum was already pretty great...

It does help but can't be left unattended. Once, I had the brilliant idea of going a little too straight and doing "sysctl restart networking"... results: obviously no networking at all and having to restart the server from scratch. Quite an experience.

The code output does need to be reviewed and with a clear mind altogether.

Back