Instant Set Up or Manual Order Verification After New Order

phone verification by calling the customer is quite good. We follow this practice. We also verify that the order IP matches the location the customer purchased from. Checking if the domain name in order matches the domain name WHOIS settings for the customer is a great way to avoid chargebacks.

We also verify that the order IP matches the location the customer purchased from.
So what happens like me where my ISP provides and IP that is over 200 miles from my location?

Checking if the domain name in order matches the domain name WHOIS settings for the customer is a great way to avoid chargebacks.

What happens if a person has privacy protection on their domain?

using a combination of both is better. You should set your fraud software to recognize or weed out the blatant fraud orders to ease up on the administrative side of things. You should always always always review your orders especially the ones which passed the automated fraud checks because you do not want to provision a server for someone who will cost you a lot of $$$ in the end

Like agentblack said.
manual verification.
Address check, IP check, and try to contact the client.
Especially in particular countries
If all fails, cancel order and refund the customer

In terms of high-risk for frauds it not recommended to use automatic setups. It can be enabled only for verified customers afteer they already had some orders before and you cn trust them.

The best way is to use a verification system (like maxmind) and instantly activate your orders after the first payment. After that your staff could go and check the order and if there is anything suspicius you can look into that.

We're currently implementing MaxMind minFraud into our billing system. It doesn't make sense to manually verify a $3 VPS order - the manpower costs are just too great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikstrahost