Incapsula firewall software?

bunnykins

Just wondering if any one else has used this firewall. It was mentioned on another forum I go to when I was looking for a firewall for my vps. I was having major issues installing a firewall and getting it configured correctly so this one was suggested. However I stopped using it after I went back to a shared host.

I did like it though. It reduced the spam to the site by more then 75%. I am not sure if it is still as good as it was a few years ago so was wondering if any of you have used it. Oh and if you are wondering I did figure out how to use it with shared. I have some dns control in cpanel and in my directadmin. So I could put it back on if I wanted to and I am thinking about it.

Just wondering if any one else has used this firewall. It was mentioned on another forum I go to when I was looking for a firewall for my vps. I was having major issues installing a firewall and getting it configured correctly so this one was suggested. However I stopped using it after I went back to a shared host.

I did like it though. It reduced the spam to the site by more then 75%. I am not sure if it is still as good as it was a few years ago so was wondering if any of you have used it. Oh and if you are wondering I did figure out how to use it with shared. I have some dns control in cpanel and in my directadmin. So I could put it back on if I wanted to and I am thinking about it.

If a host has CSF configured correctly on their server, then their should be no need to installed web based firewall, but if anyone wished to add this extra firewall then i recommend http://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/firewall.php

Ah CSF was the firewall I had trouble with when I had vps. I am not sure what I kept doing wrong but it would not work correctly. Members would get blocked randomly. I even got my self blocked.

I will check this out.

Ah CSF was the firewall I had trouble with when I had vps. I am not sure what I kept doing wrong but it would not work correctly. Members would get blocked randomly. I even got my self blocked.

I will check this out.

that sound like you had brute force enabled and set to high and not a CSF issue

Ya I could not figure out how to set it correctly so I gave up. The settings with in csf were kind of confusing. That was over a year ago so maybe it has gotten easier.

I tried that comodo firewall this morning. OMG it slowed down my computer and firefox would not load all the way. Part of the time it would just load the boarder. I talked to comodo's support and they were talking about changing proxy settings. I told him umm it is not even loading I will not be able to get into the settings for it. Although I might have been able to get in through safe mode. They wanted to charge me to have it fixed. I was like umm no. They also suggested using the browser that came with the comodo. Which does work but it is just like google chrome. I already have google chrome.
I use both google chrome and firefox as I have 2 gmail accounts. Google chrome is for one account while firefox is for the other account. That and I like running swagbucks in only firefox.

What Antivirus have you on your computer?

best these days is not just get an AV, you really need an Internet security package.
we have Kaspersky Internet Security 2013, this give AV, Firewall etc.

I have bitdefender on my home computer and the one I tried to install this comodo on. I turned bitdefender's firewall off before installing comodo. I started using bitdefender back in 2009 and I have had good luck with it.

Is it the full Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 or their free Bitdefender UK Free Edition Antivirus Software. If its the IS2013 then you dont need any other firewall on your PC as they would just clash. If its the free AV then you need to upgrade to their IS2013 if you are happy with them.

It is the bitdefender total security 2013.

I was only trying to comodo because you mentioned it. It was not what I thought it was. It is not a server firewall. Nor does it look like it would be an alternative to incapsula.

The main reason why I am looking into incapsula again is to reduce the spam. Like it did when I had vps. I may just go ahead and use it. I can always take it back off if some thing goes wrong.