I have a product to sell . . .

slappy

I'll be carefull not to break any rules and make this sound like an ad, because it is not.

I have an email product which I think would be a real value-add and a differentiator for Hosting companies and ISPs.

What is the best way to sell to / get into the door of a hosting company?

I know that this is a pretty broad question. I'm trying to think outside the box and am looking for a broad type of response.

Without trying to advertise - but to give you a better idea of what my product is, so that you can give a better answer -- the product is essentially an email server, however, our selling point is that we also provide a email client with a web-based user interface that is equivalent to "outlook" in functionality. We also go a step beyond in offering groupware functionality as well. shared calendars, tasks, addressbook etc. -- all with a browser interface. No client install.

What is the best way to try and start selling this to hosting companies?

Again, I appologize if this is sounding too much like an advertisment. It really is not intended as such.

Thanks.

Join the largest hosting communities online. This is easy and the market is what you're looking for - right on target.

Good luck,

slappy... do u have a demo? And what platform/s does it run on. BTW... Mail servers (on Win2k.... no idea about *nix) with much of this functionality already exist... eg Imail from Ipswitch.. top class email server, cheap for unlimited user licence, built in webmail, anti-spam features, calendar etc - you might want to have a look at all the existing products on the market (if you havn't already) so that you can maybe undercut them or do what MailEnable do.. offer the base product for free and charge for the more advanced features.
Cheers

We use the Professional version of MailEnable as we wanted the webmail and other features that come with it .. I know a lot of other people who used the free 'Standard' edition and have since upgraded to the paid versions.

Offering a basic version for free is a good way to get people hooked on the product.

Last edited:
I visited the site for MailEnable, but didn't really get what the product is all about.

Is it a mailing list software manager, an e-mail client or what exactly? The web site does not offer a "down-to-earth" description.

Thanks.

MailEnable ... It's a mailserver.

It also does mailing list management but it's basically just a good free Windows mail server :)