I-Check/Paybycheck Warning

fallcreek

Hey all,

I just wanted to let you know that if you have an I-check.Paybycheck account, and you aren't making active use of it, they are liable to delete your account.

I was quite upset today when I went to make use of it - admittedly it had been a couple of years since I had - and found that not only had they deleted my account, but they would be happy to reinstate it for a mere $50.00!

I thought it was mighty considerate of them to offer, but since I already paid them for the acount I don't intend to pay them again for conveniently deleting my data and account without notification or cause.

Anyhow, to make my angry story slightly less psychotic, the point is use the dadgummed account even if you don't need to, or it will go away and their great customer service reps will try to gouge you for another fee.

John:gun:

Agreed, good to know but probably will never need to myself :p

Sorry to hear about that though, can't see why they would charge the $50.00, they are the ones that made the work by shutting down your account in the first place ;)

That's exactly how I feel.

I signed up back in 98 when alot of people were VERY wary of putting their credit card info out online - especially for something as new and freaky as hosting and frankly hadn't had to use it since at least 2001.

I decided to add the online check as an option for payment for hosting again and found that my account had been deleted.

John

P.S. Just for grins and giggles, I saw this sig on another forum recently and thought it was hilarious

"Some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but you can't help but smile when you see them tumble down the stairs"

John

P.P.S.

Yeah, FCT is down right now, one of my newer sysadmins was documenting how to change DNS settings on netsol.com and actually moved our DNS to them. Should be back up soon.

I don't think they should be closing accounts especially when you paid to get it setup.
How much did you pay at first to get it setup?
I never heard of them before either to be honest.
Most people just pay via CC or paypal online now anyway but good to have another option.

Back then they were a pretty good solution, merchants accounts were tough to get for online businesses, and as I said - at least around here people were still paranoid about using a cc online.

I paid $49.95 to get the account set up back then, and I think they charge $95.00 now.

I'm really quite irritated with the whole thing, but I haven't given up hope yet, I'm still arguing with their "customer service" department.

John