Howdy Everyone!

Southernman

First off, I would like to commend John and his small army of moderators, for doing a fantastic job of building a very nice community. From what I've read over so far, the community has a kindred spirit about it which will only enhance it's growth and success!

A little bit about who I am:

Well... Just your average Joe I suppose, with the exception like most of you maybe, I was a terribly late bloomer into the computer age. Of my 38 years, only the last 6 of them have computers been of any interest to me.

Until I became a computer owner, construction was my game. Spent the better part of 20 years doing this. Once I got my first computer, I was toast! I couldn't get enough of it! Yeah, that's the addictive personality in all geeky type of folks!

I've learnt, researched, and taught myself *many* things in the last 6 years. One of the most fascinating things I've gotten into is Web Design (I am no nat, but learning) and coding. After my first couple of years on the net, I realized that I had found my way out of the extremely demanding type of work I was in. Thank God, for that!

I also do a 'lil bit of hosting but it's no street pounding event. Mainly hosting a few clients, friends, and family sites. I definitely intend to intensify my pursuit of the hosting business. There are still many things I am not quite comfortable with. Wouldn't want to jump in with both feet and ruin things before they get going.

Last - but certainly NOT least - my daughter. I am a proud papa of one twelve year old girl that has me totally wrapped around her finger! I used to think it was more fun, trying to make little tricycle motors. I've sense found out that's just the beginning, when that motor finally gets a kickstart.

Ok, if I have caused anyone severe head injury, from banging their head on the keyboard, just send the bill to John... He's the kind of guy that takes care of his community members!

Best of Luck to everyone... and to www.HostingRefuge.com most of all.

Peace

Hehe that has to be one of the best introductions I have seen yet Steve ;)

Somehow I dont think your a newbie to webdesign from what I have seen Steve ;)
Just found out your imaging skills and your coding and skinning skills are great.

I have personal experience with Steve's work and hes a great guy, cares about the work he does isntead of just getting it done and out of the way!

Im sure we can help you with those things your not comfortable with for running a hosting business Steve, we will give you that kick start needed to get your business off the ground if you want!
Some very experienced hosts here that have a very sensible head on their shoulders that can really help you out.

Good to have you here Steve and hope your staying as a long term member!

:cheers:

John

Hey Andrew - Thanks for the warm welcome.

John - Thank you sir, for the kind words about my work. You are an excellent person to work for and with! If you need anything, I am just an email or IM away.

I will take you both up on the offer of help to get my hosting knowledge up to par.

Thanks again.. count on seeing me around often. ;)