How to resell bandwidth

vegas

Account Disabled
Please explain what is it that I need to become a bandwidth reseller,sure this thing dont come out without throwing ids and also bring some links please

i am a bit confused of your question... your asking how to resell bandwidth in other words isp connection service?

nodody spoke about isp,simply what data centers sell as refered to bandwidth or traffic capacity ,thanks

I really do not understand the question. The post looks like a one made by these "troll account" created by a program and used to break into forums, to post. Let's be positive and consider that it is not however.

In order to resell bandwidth any company has to run its own ASN, network and infrastructure (routers, switches) to have upstreams to any ISPs and to run BGP.

I'm also not quite sure what you are after, but you'll need deep pockets before any provider starts talking to you seriously about such an idea.

Httpeasy you dont know the weight of my pocket and to host color I didnt mean to offend you like some people get offended but Im just finding out about this buisiness and Im not a troll but you can take it however,it would have been easier if you instead without attitude clarified what is asn and regarding routers if is hardware youre talking about,I just thaught it was something like you buy from ARIN when is ips but if is more complex ,if you can please explain

I'm guessing is talking about becoming a bandwidth broker. I'm continuing to venture out here and assume he thinks this would have a low cost start, however he is not factoring in that most brokers he would be competing against provide/have a 24/7 NOC and already have established relations and specific volume levels with carriers. As your bandwidth commit size increases your cost does go down and in order to be competitive with some of these larger companies you would need a good deal of $$$.

I'm also not quite sure what you are after, but you'll need deep pockets before any provider starts talking to you seriously about such an idea.

Indeed you will need BGP level routers and probably some sort of Colocation. Good luck with this as BGP routers to run the lines/connection through will be in the $XX,XXX.00 to $xxx,xxx.00 range as far as cost. You will also need to probably know router configuration, security/firewall configuration and proper knowledge to manage this. You will need to find providers and make some sort of contractual agreement.

Optionally if you plan to run it to a business location then you will need fiber lines ran to your place of occupation and you will still need the things I mentioned. Also, Arin or Ripe allocations to route your traffic to your customers. Arin requires at least 2 /22s I believe, but don't quote me as we have applied and are in the accepting process with justification.

I don't recommend this for anyone not at the Datacenter level already. Too much to manage and you may as well be a Datacenter to get into this or at least be providing massive Colocation to turn a profit after expenses.

Last edited:
Im more on the programming side of things,thanks for explaining to me without racism it makes me understand that if I want to ride this biz for good Id need to partner with one of my friends from Systems Engineering.I honestly have too many but is fun to see how they end up doing other things I dont know why/

As business matter yes feel this is more for DC type of people

Last edited:
I really do not understand the question. The post looks like a one made by these "troll account" created by a program and used to break into forums, to post. Let's be positive and consider that it is not however.

In order to resell bandwidth any company has to run its own ASN, network and infrastructure (routers, switches) to have upstreams to any ISPs and to run BGP.

I believe it was a accurate question and realistic. He probably didn't know it was going to be so much work as he is still trying to find his niche in the hosting world. But I understand your point of view.

Well someone who is in to hosting always can somehow attempt to do everything at some time ,the first thing that holds me back is not my capacity to do it,neither money but is the timing which I dont have now but somehow I guess all along with expirience in the future it wont be that much time demanding and sure Ill have more money to do it better,but please dont go away without living links to the best bandwidth providers

thank u
\
and..........you can call me however you want it Im not paranoid but is so good to tell you Im a freaking girl

You're probably looking to buy a reseller hosting account. I'm sure you can find some good offers in the web hosting offers section.

Well the picture tells it all, now I am also trying to resell bandwidth here is how I plan to do it right now I sell vps servers so I intend to offer additional bandwidth at a cost. I also sell dedicated servers and I offer bandwidth at an extra cost. Your a girl with no clothes on.

Last edited:
nobody spoke of hosting,hosting what?

sonwebhost then which company youll choose for the bandwidth thing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ansrtch