How to Provide End User Support

Also sometimes a reseller will be able to provide better pricing than the main company. Especially in the case of end user support, you're getting the support provided by the main company but you're paying the reseller's prices. It actually works out to a pretty nice deal for the clients if you can do it right.

Thanks for your thoughts!
But I strongly believe that this particular case is very, very rare. Generally the resellers charge more than the main company (many times much more), because this is the way they make the pure income. Reseller packages are often equivalent of the Shared packages, in terms of resources. So in order to sell those packages cheaper, you would have to cut their resources down (and many hosts won't even give you the option to divide the Reseller package on portions of your choice.

So, from the point of a Reseller, you would have to find a not very expensive hosting company, giving you absolute freedom of splitting their packages, but also with enough resources, so even if you split the package each user should receive enough for their web project. Now combine that with the option to have an end user support from the host and we have got to a point, where being a Reseller comes down to lying down, with a cocktail in hand, while your host deals with everything else for your customers. As superb as this may sound, I do not recall even 1 web hosting company that is close to being able to provide that.

Apart from that, point taken about the number of white labeled services, indeed there isn't a lack of options, I just don't find this type of support widely used. :rolleyes2

P.S. Kudos on the usage of the word "obfuscated", I always find pleasure in broadening my English vocabulary and that one was spot-on :D

Thanks for your thoughts!
But I strongly believe that this particular case is very, very rare. Generally the resellers charge more than the main company (many times much more), because this is the way they make the pure income. Reseller packages are often equivalent of the Shared packages, in terms of resources. So in order to sell those packages cheaper, you would have to cut their resources down (and many hosts won't even give you the option to divide the Reseller package on portions of your choice.

So, from the point of a Reseller, you would have to find a not very expensive hosting company, giving you absolute freedom of splitting their packages, but also with enough resources, so even if you split the package each user should receive enough for their web project. Now combine that with the option to have an end user support from the host and we have got to a point, where being a Reseller comes down to lying down, with a cocktail in hand, while your host deals with everything else for your customers. As superb as this may sound, I do not recall even 1 web hosting company that is close to being able to provide that.

Apart from that, point taken about the number of white labeled services, indeed there isn't a lack of options, I just don't find this type of support widely used. :rolleyes2

P.S. Kudos on the usage of the word "obfuscated", I always find pleasure in broadening my English vocabulary and that one was spot-on :D

Reselling doesn't always math those same price structures though, as well as the fact that overselling is usually enabled in this specific case. You aren't always bound to sell for more.

Reselling doesn't always math those same price structures though, as well as the fact that overselling is usually enabled in this specific case. You aren't always bound to sell for more.

Sure thing, I'm just trying to encompass the most popular scenarios. Of course, there are many ways to make a profit from reselling, but selling a service from the host on a higher price IS in fact the most common way for generating revenue, right? :rolleyes2

Now combine that with the option to have an end user support from the host and we have got to a point, where being a Reseller comes down to lying down, with a cocktail in hand, while your host deals with everything else for your customers. As superb as this may sound, I do not recall even 1 web hosting company that is close to being able to provide that.

I think you have a good point. When I started, I was on a reseller account with end user support. It definitely seems like that, but I remember having about a hundred clients and putting in only about an hour a day. I did always stretch things to try to get them to do what I could have, but I didn't want to do, strictly out of principle, like putting in tickets in their system to specifically ask them to look at an end user support ticket that they overlooked.

It's the billing and sales work (which I find easier) that the end user support hosts won't do. They won't keep your WHMCS installation clean, and they won't keep your WHMCS up to date, and they obviously won't publish blog posts or forum content for you. So the work is there, but it's just dramatically reduced.

P.S. Kudos on the usage of the word "obfuscated", I always find pleasure in broadening my English vocabulary and that one was spot-on

never come across any such whitelabel support module, so a link to any such module would be handy to prove they exist and hosts i have seen all wont provide support to resellers clients.

As mentioned this is a custom built module we created for our reseller clients, I don't know of any public module though.

If you really wanted to see it signup to one of our reseller packages (they start at £12.99 per month) and we'll provide you with a free WHMCS license along with the module ;).

If you really wanted to see it signup to one of our reseller packages (they start at £12.99 per month) and we'll provide you with a free WHMCS license along with the module ;).

The module is encoded so I am not sure how much that would do for them...

I find that the whmcs inbuilt ticketing system works quite well ...We tried an externa helpdesk system but our clients continued using whmcs despite sending the url of the new helpdesk system with every mail auto or manual. In the end we stuck with whmcs inbuilt system