How to get traffic and sales?

GordyMac

How can you drive more potential clients to your website, as well as how can you increase the chances that they may actually buy from you?

Advertising, where should you target your advertising? Hosting Forums? Gaming sites? Where?

Special offers, how good do these actually work? I've had a few but never noticed anything greater than usual.

The first key to getting sales when people come to your site is to have a nice rich site... full of resources. Don't have dead links or anything. It makes you look unorganized.

To drive hits you can use Adwords from google. I also submit my site to lots of host index sites (www.hostsearch.com etc)

Advertising with banners can work... but be smart where you place banners.

That is alot of views.. wish my site was that big.. bet it would use alot of bandwidth ;)

How does that banner ad work for you? Get alot of traffic and sales?

I think a simple design which conveys everything a prospective client would need to know, and nothing else, is what would work best.

If its plain and simple to understand and doesnt have irrelevant information which customers dont need to know they will remember it a lot better.

For getting traffic, theres a load of ways, from simple things like adding your company link in your sig (which you have already done ;)) to having an advertising campaign on a target site

maxhest said:
My banner runs 24/7 at www.cybertown.com/, a vitural pay chat community. It is a nice place 1.5 MILLION page views monthly, it gets the word out.. hehe :)

If you don't mind me asking, if you don't wish to answer that is fine, but what do you pay for that sort of advertisment?

Thanks

I would say its quite a bit because its so active..
Not sure if its rotating banners or not, if it is then it could cost a good bit less.

Not bad advertising on such an active site though ;)

Man i need to start advertising again it works :)

I ran a banner ad for 5 days and during that week i had 10 new signups thats 2 per day :)

Now since i stoped i have only recieved 2 new signups in the last 7 days.

Time to start advertising again.

Yea, i am looking for a good site to run a banner on again. If you know of any let me know,

Also i dont want a site that costs an arm and a leg.

Banners are easy

For me, I just right click a banner

Select all or part of the URL (wildcards) and I never see images that contain that part of the URL again

IE

block

phpmyads

and any advert using that system wont be displayed

Blocking stuff like advertising, banners, ads as well as ad urls like doubleclick and you get rid of ads

Well I host alot of friends, and alot of local business around here. Best thing to do is go around your city and post flyers then start an ad campaign online.

Please your existing client base - they will spread the word for you.

The first 200 are the hardest, once you reach that mark you could be getting a few referals a day and have enough capital to do some proper advertising.