How To Choose a Great Domain

new XXX out shortly

the new xxx domain set is out shortly in pre-release well worth a look at if you need a domain and the adult thing isn't issue
we will have them available:thumbup: shortly

I strongly believe that the domain should be short, memorable, descriptive, and catchy..
A good domain is good money in your pocket!

I agree that good domains should be short and easy to remember. But sometimes long domains pay you much if they are keyword rich. Short domains without any keyword will demand more branding while if domains are keyword rich, no matters if it is long also; will demand less branding as compared to former case.

I also want to add another tip to your list, that is to never choose a timely term in the domain like BeijingOlympics2008.com (unless you are using it for a purpose), because once it’s past, the whole domain is pretty much useless for monetization or reading.

Yes, I agree with that. Don't lost your money for limited time domain (like year, month,...) until you have a plan to make "Holiday" site: Christmas, Happy New Year,... :agree:

Regarding Tip #1:

I've seen many businesses having different a company name compared to their domain or brand. You might wanna take note of that. ;)

Well my opinion is that it does not matter if the domain has keywords or anything. It is just something to be nice and easy to remember

good tips! Thanks.

I strongly agree with the last tip, avoid use to and for, coz clients usually will write 2 and 4, example : happy4u.com,

p/s: me myself wont type long domains :p

I liked 'Tip #7' as it can mess up with viral promotion of a website, there is huge difference between listening and reading a domain name which decided how one types it in the address bar of a browser.

All I can say that the domain name should be Short, unique, catchy and descriptive.
A good domain name is good money in your pocket.

I strongly believe that the domain should be short, memorable, descriptive, and catchy..
A good domain is good money in your pocket!

You see this tip a lot. Trying to get a descriptive domain name. I strongly disagree. By far the best brands on the internet are not really descriptive. Amazon, google and yahoo are all unique names, which at the start had no apparent meaning for visitors. A name should be memorable and most of the times memorable names are the opposite of descriptive names.

Find a unique name that sounds good and that catches on to the mind. That should be your first priority. The name can even be somewhat long (10 characters is really doable), as long as its memorable thats ok.

All steps that you mention above about Domain Name selection are very very important. Because Domain Name is help you to optimize it easily. You must set it user friendly.

Yeah, it is very helpful and it is seo friendly. thank you for the tips :)