How to become domain reseller

vegas

Account Disabled
Bein a domain reseller is the same as being a registrar,please name requirenments,is it easy?

Bein a domain reseller is the same as being a registrar,please name requirenments,is it easy?

It is easy to become a domain reseller, not many requirements, but some providers like enom will require you to place a credit on your account before you can use them.

below are 3 that dont need any credits before you can use them

<URL snipped>
reseller.netearthone.com
uk.resellerclub.com/domain-reseller

although neatearthone seems to be high

they state on http://www.netearthone.com/ for domains "lowest price guaranteed" with a .com at $29.95 along with others http://www.netearthone.com/domain-registration/domain-registration-price.php which is for sure not the lowest prices for domains

Last edited:
It is easy to become a domain reseller, not many requirements, but some providers like enom will require you to place a credit on your account before you can use them.

below are 3 that dont need any credits before you can use them

<URL snipped>
reseller.netearthone.com
uk.resellerclub.com/domain-reseller

although neatearthone seems to be high

they state on http://www.netearthone.com/ for domains "lowest price guaranteed" with a .com at $29.95 along with others http://www.netearthone.com/domain-registration/domain-registration-price.php which is for sure not the lowest prices for domains

I could never understand why one becomes a reseller through these guys since they are so expensive! I'm unsure if they provide some extra services with their domain names or something but if not $29.95 is just crazy!

I could never understand why one becomes a reseller through these guys since they are so expensive! I'm unsure if they provide some extra services with their domain names or something but if not $29.95 is just crazy!

looking at what they provide with a domain is nothing extra that others dont provide

netearthone must be really crazy charging that high amount for domain registrations for resellers.

most resellers these days make ./ require you to put credit on your account thats what I know. and there might be a couple ( i don't know of any ) that won't require you to add credit to your account and they should just allow you to sign up without needing credit. you'll be able to just purchase / set up the domain how if you was making a shared hosting account..

If you for instance on Enom sign up under a current reseller then you can get started with a minimal credit on your account, like $100 where if go direct is a larger amount
Namecheap chanrges $50 minimum and most others are $50-100 and you can get setup with reasonable prices where you can make $1 or so per domain.

If you for instance on Enom sign up under a current reseller then you can get started with a minimal credit on your account, like $100 where if go direct is a larger amount
Namecheap chanrges $50 minimum and most others are $50-100 and you can get setup with reasonable prices where you can make $1 or so per domain.

Even if you join direct with Enom, you still need a min.$100 credit in your account with them.
Their are many out their that do not require any credit on your account and will allow you to pay as you sell, yes if you place a credit and the higher amount to add the cheaper you will pay, so you can offer cheaper to your clients, but like most hosts domain services is just an addon and is not the core business, some domains we make £0.20 on and others £1, but this does not bother us as its only a benefit service we offer clients.

Well man this biz is randy hot ha!,can you please provide the links of the providers that dont force you to put money in the middle in advance please?

Also is there a script gpl -free that can be used for this means that is not whmcs?

thank you boyz

Well man this biz is randy hot ha!,can you please provide the links of the providers that dont force you to put money in the middle in advance please?

Also is there a script gpl -free that can be used for this means that is not whmcs?

thank you boyz

i listed 3 at http://www.hostingdiscussion.com/domain-name-issues/32598-how-become-domain-reseller.html#post165031

also you can try boxbilling.com ( they are like WHMCS) and have a free option or premium for $5.95 a month

Signing up for a reseller or VPS hosting account, gives you also a domain reseller account. At least this is how many good hosting providers work.

Signing up for a reseller or VPS hosting account, gives you also a domain reseller account. At least this is how many good hosting providers work.

you will only get that if the provider offers domain services. I have seen many hosts not offering domain services

Most of the hosting providers offer domain service. It is better to host and register the domains at one place as it helps to manage the dns of the domain easily.

It is better to host and register the domains at one place as it helps to manage the dns of the domain easily.

True but this has nothing to do with being a domain reseller.

i.e. you can find a host that will offer hosting and domain registration, so you order hosting and register a domain and then that host will then manually go and register that domain with a registrar like 123-reg.

A domain reseller account will 100% not be run on the same server as your hosting services as these are run by separate companies where you can link to your account with them though an API, making domain services automated, but you can get a domain reseller account and not even offer hosting services.

We are a resellerclub domain reseller and both our partnersite and supersite are run under different domains. We have domain clients that do not host with us, but have many domains through our domain site.

To answer your original question, becoming a registrar is not the same as becoming a domain reseller.

Like Terry said, becoming a domain reseller is easy, you simply need to sign up on the provider's website and setup your account to start selling. With some providers there is a setup fee involved, others don't ask for it. With us it is a usable deposit that we require to activate your account. It starts at $99 on the Global Program and £59 on our UK Program.

Most wholesale providers will require either a initial deposit or a fee for a domain reseller account because that ensures that customers who need 1-2 domains don't sign-up with us.

Becoming a registrar is a lot more long-drawn. You have to get ICANN accredited and then partner with the registries for the TLDs you want to offer. There are a number of yearly costs involved so if you don't have a fairly large volume of business I wouldn't recommend it.

The advantage as a registrar is that all domains registered through you have your branding in the whois details. As a reseller your registrar's details show; domains registered through us show PDR ltd dba Public Domain Registry, which is our white labeled domain registrar.

In short, if you have the time, money and volume of business then go down the registrar route. If you need to start quick and you are building your business then becoming a domain reseller is the better option.

Thanks for instanceing diference of being a domain reseller and registrar it is very polite of you,I see the reseller route perfect for those who sell webhosting ,euro-space would you mind bring links of places that offer vps reseller programs,well now that you mention men.

Appreciate ur efforts reading me

Thanks for instanceing diference of being a domain reseller and registrar it is very polite of you,I see the reseller route perfect for those who sell webhosting ,euro-space would you mind bring links of places that offer vps reseller programs,well now that you mention men.

Appreciate ur efforts reading me

we have used http://www.hudsonvalleyhost.com/vpsreseller.php before we decided to stop offer VPS

you can also resell cloud etc from. singlehop.com

Ye I know single hop but still I dont get if those resources can be administrated at your convinience but however those prices dont allow any sort of competitive edge,do they show the server configuration of those vps?

thank u

Ye I know single hop but still I dont get if those resources can be administrated at your convinience but however those prices dont allow any sort of competitive edge,do they show the server configuration of those vps?

thank u

true with singlehop they sell their cloud to resellers at the same rate they sell retail, so once you add your profit you are beaten by them on price.

reselling their dedicated servers takes a lot of work setting up configuration options for your clients to chose, although they have base configured servers that you could just offer, but they dont allow you cpanel etc. so you would need to sort out cpanel reselling.

but hudsonvalley host are a good was to resell VPS and they are helpful