How often to submit a site

Various search engines are like people. Each one is different. For a long while the major search engines (e.g. Google, Yahoo!, MSN and AOL) would not use meta tags to influence their listings. This seems to be primarily true because of search engine spamming.

Over the last month or two, MSN has regrouped and started using the description tag again. The more things change, the more they remain the same.

As for Google not getting your site in 6 months, the question is how many links to you have from other sites that are listed in G pointing to your site? Are they using the same link text?

The more competitive a phrase is the more likely G is to place you in the "sandbox". There are a number of differing opinions regarding the G sandbox which can be found on forums like DigitalPoint, iHelpYou, etc. The real challenge is to get quality links pointing to your website pages and keep updating content often.

Last, Google has developed their sitemap protocol with a variety of programming choices are now available to facilitate the indexing of your full site quicker. This is often called "deep scans" and can possibly make a significant difference for any website owner.

Hope this helps... :crazy2:

Submit once . . . modify content . . . modify tags . . . check again. Believe me. It works. You only need to submit your site manually once. I have had a site in the top twenty for more than 10 key words. Currently, it has no content and still has a page rank of four and use to be five.

As much as they say Meta tags are dead I do not believe it. At the moment, I am trying to bring Biz Hosting Network to the top of the search engines. I did not bother with Meta Tags and it seems to be hurting me.

Search submission tools I have read in many cases are not good. It takes a few minutes too manual submit and you can the benefit of a lifetime.

WebFreak08,

Another reason why the search engine ranking is lower on this particular site is do to content on the main page, time, and me.

On Biz Hosting Network, I am not worried about search engine ranking. Most traffic will come from articles we publish, forums, advertising, and search engine ranking will be last. I know how many hosts compete for keywords and I have not dealt with the optimization since there are so many other issues in running a business..

If you're thinking of submitting your site to search enignes, automatic or manual then it's pretty useless. The search engines will find your site and submitting to them really isn't going to help. Search engines do penalize for multiple submissions which is considered spam.

SEO -- Site Submission

I am not an expert on SEO but from what i understand if you site is new and you domain is new you should submit your site to all the search engines, after that the search engines will continue to come to spider your site etc

for SEO -- i would use this site www.seoA-Z.com if you read down the side it has a lot of basic info on how to improve your results

Despite the differences in opinions, I still believe if you have a new site, you need to submit to Google, MSN, and Yahoo. And, don't forget to put signatures on all the forums you are posting. That hastens the indexing process.

Take care and I wish you well!

:)

The frequency that Google updates your site is based upon how important the Googlebot thinks your site is. Plenty of people are in the every 6 month boat - I've also read articles from people that literally can't get it to leave, and track it on their AWStats there just about all day everyday.

SEO is definately a science and a completely legitimate full-time profession for many. Back on the topic of submission, some experts say to submit once, manually, to get included, others say submitting at all is a bad idea.

Googlebot is contantly crawling the web, as are the other spiders, and if you can get your site included without submission then you really do never need to submit. Google's submission page says there's no penalty for submitting your site, or even doing it often, but there's still a lot of skepticism (that doesn't mean there's not a benefit for not doing it, right?). I recently read a very interesting article on SitePoint on an optimization strategy whereby the SEO'er submitted acquired an inbound link from a related pagerank 6 site. According to this article (of which I'm too lazy to legitimately quote), pages that are ranked pr6+ are typically viewed as the 'authority' on their topic, and an immediate link from such a site is the absolute best way to get your site initially listed.