How much would you pay?

BlackStorm

How much would you pay for a good helpdesk?
What would you want in a helpdesk for around $50?

Just interested to see what people look for when they are spending around that much on a helpdesk

I would pay up to $150-200 for a really nice and very customizable helpdesk which had many other features like modernbill or clientexec has..

From time to time I got a Script Error and I was running it on a Red Hat Linux server. I wouldnt know the exact details of the error since I deleted it from my server and moved on to EdgePanel which is not bad :)

<< How much would you pay for a good helpdesk? What would you want in a helpdesk for around $50? Just interested to see what people look for when they are spending around that much on a helpdesk >>

How much would I pay for a good helpdesk? A lot really. One of the best help desks I've found so far is Kayako eSupport. $349.95 for a one time owned license. A lot more than $50 as you can see. ;)
When spening on a helpdesk, or anything to improve support to clients, there should really be no budget - within reason of course, you shouldn't go an pay $1,000+ on something when $349.95 can do the job just fine and maybe better. ;)

PerlDesk - Apparently very nice. The demo looks very nice. Personally, I don't use PerlDesk and wouldn't either. Unfortunately I too had problems FastNetServers, you're not the only problem. My problem was where when I changed the passwords, it'd change them but to something else for some reason. As far as I'm aware however it was quickly fixed, but I don't use it - don't even have a copy anymore. A lot of people like PerlDesk because it is cheap, and because clients have no troubles getting around it.

The one thing I say about help desks, is your clients and your staff should always be able to get around it easily and not have any troubles sending tickets or so on. On this issue, I say spend money on ease - your clients will be happy and so will you in the end.

Exactly!
Except, remember - never waste money. Buy something, when it's needed, but buy the best, and make sure you use it well. Don't buy something for pure kicks or just to get high, I think those green herbs there in your back yard will do that just fine. ;)

You must always remember to find balance. Don't buy something that won't do what you want it to, and don't pay too much for it. Although, don't buy such a cheap product that it doesn't do what you want it to either. Remember, balance is the key to everything - the key to earning good profits, the key to running a smooth business, the key to purchasing a well priced product that does what you want it to.