How many fraud orders a day?

Well, I dont really know where all those hacked PayPal accounts come from..
but I can tell you that around 1/3 of our orders are maked as fraud.
I am not sure whether they are all fraud or are simply considered as fraud due to providing false information

What about 2checkout? We are using their anti-fraud system and they have helped us a lot to block several fraud orders.

Should we add Maxmind as extra layer of security?

Well, I dont really know where all those hacked PayPal accounts come from..
but I can tell you that around 1/3 of our orders are maked as fraud.
I am not sure whether they are all fraud or are simply considered as fraud due to providing false information

does not say because an order is marked as fraud that it is fraud. orders are set as fraud so that you as a host can manually review the order.

Even with MaxMind we still get calls, just about every day with fraud orders. I wish there was a better way to solve this, but that's just up to the user's ability to protect their identity I guess.

Even with MaxMind we still get calls, just about every day with fraud orders. I wish there was a better way to solve this, but that's just up to the user's ability to protect their identity I guess.

Maxmind may mark orders as fraud every day, but 99% of these are not actual fraud orders and just need manual checks by you the host.

If clients ISP IP is say 100 miles from the clients reg. address then maxmind will mark the order fraud due to the distance.
If a client uses a free email (gmail etc.) then Maxmind will mark these as fraud due to the use of a free email address.

If you also use the maxmind telephone verification service and the user does not get the passcode or it goes too fast for them to take note of this then the order will be marked as fraud.

In all these cases the orders will almost be legit and just needs manual verification by the host.
just because maxmind says its fraud does not mean it is fraud.

Agrees that Maxmind is really just a simple automatic prevention system to help. Real fraudsters will get away with it regardless.

Sometimes we do find Maxmind causes more trouble than helps, but oh well.

Maxmind is really just a simple automatic prevention system to help. Real fraudsters will get away with it regardless.

Sometimes we do find Maxmind causes more trouble than helps, but oh well.

ALL fraud prevention systens work in the same way. all these are just a 1st point safety system, so that they will stop suspected orders from getting set up on automated systems allowing you to manually review them. Once you understand this and they way these work, then you will have no problems and you will soon be able to manally spot which orders are actual fraud and which are not.

Man, I always found the cheaper the product the more fraud orders. I have no idea why but every host I ran and worked for that did the $1.99-3.99 specials nearly 75% was fraud. I guess they expect less screening and for the account to be automatically setup each time.

For hosting accounts $5.99 and up the level of fraud is nearly nil I have found.

Domains, however, it dont matter if you charge $100 for one you will need to screen it very well because there is no refund from your provider if is fraud.

Man, I always found the cheaper the product the more fraud orders. I have no idea why but every host I ran and worked for that did the $1.99-3.99 specials nearly 75% was fraud. I guess they expect less screening and for the account to be automatically setup each time.

For hosting accounts $5.99 and up the level of fraud is nearly nil I have found.

Domains, however, it dont matter if you charge $100 for one you will need to screen it very well because there is no refund from your provider if is fraud.

we never get any fraud orders that make it to the actual payment stage.

also domains if you use resellerclub then when a domain is registered this can be cancelled within the first 3 days, but they will refund less $1

normally up to 7% fraud orders, but the best thing is just to develope your business so much, that these frauds would really seem like nothing :)

It depends on what you classify as fraud orders. We've had a lot of potential fraud orders marked by maxmind.

As to the real ones, agree with everyone else... <10%.

I would say we get at least 1 that is marked fraud a day. Normally the register through a proxy a great distance away from thier address.

I would say we get at least 1 that is marked fraud a day. Normally the register through a proxy a great distance away from thier address.

these dont mean it is a fraud order, that why its best to manually review orders that are marked as fraud.

I can normally look at a maxmind fraud report and tell if its a genuine order or true fraud.