How many fraud orders a day?

Our numbers are only that high when it comes to crazy times during the year (major holidays and when Defcon is running). We might be a little lucky so I hope I am not sitting here jinxing myself.

We get about 4-5 fraud orders a day. Maxmind helps a bunch otherwise we would be spending thousands on manual reviewing.

- Daniel :)

Well free mail accounts aren't a big of an issue if you ask me.
Some of them seems to be legit but are still frauds.

It's to easy to just call your creditcard company and tell them to return the money with no questions asked.
The person in question would be wet after doing that multiple times i presume but still.

Maxmind only works with creditcards right?

Well free mail accounts aren't a big of an issue if you ask me.
Some of them seems to be legit but are still frauds.

yes some are legit orders, but as fraudsters will use free email addresses, then the email extension (hotmail,gmail etc.) are marks as fraud, so you need to manually verify the orders.

It's to easy to just call your creditcard company and tell them to return the money with no questions asked.
The person in question would be wet after doing that multiple times i presume but still.
yes you can issue refunds if you suspent the order as fraud, but if an order is marked as fraud then invoices should be cancelled beofre they can be paid (whmcs does this)

Maxmind only works with creditcards right?

Maxmind is not just a payment fraud service. maxmind works on the orders no matter what payment provider you use.

We use MaxMind for all of our new orders. It's really amazing how much it cuts down on the fraud. Some fraud is just obvious to humans but MaxMind even sorts out some of the not-so-obvious fraudulent orders.

One of the biggest issues people have with MaxMind is false positives but if you have it configured properly, you shouldn't have any, if any, false positives. I think I've only had a handful of false positives in the last 2 years of using it

We use MaxMind for all of our new orders. It's really amazing how much it cuts down on the fraud. Some fraud is just obvious to humans but MaxMind even sorts out some of the not-so-obvious fraudulent orders.

One of the biggest issues people have with MaxMind is false positives but if you have it configured properly, you shouldn't have any, if any, false positives. I think I've only had a handful of false positives in the last 2 years of using it

i agree totally with you as i have used Maxmind for many years along with their telephone verification service.

i dont think skdedicated understands what Maxmind is or what they do judging by his comments

i dont think skdedicated understands what Maxmind is or what they do judging by his comments

skdedicated, MaxMind is an independent and sometimes integrated program or system that checks the user information given from new orders to determine it's likelihood of being fraudulent. It takes the information and gives it a number on a scale from 0-100. Some programs, like WHMCS, allow you to set thresholds of how high orders need to be before they are blocked.

This has greatly decreased fraud in the hosting industry, where fraud is a huge problem.

As mentioned here, MaxMind helps me out quite a bit. Like Andrew said, if it's configured properly, you shouldn't need to manually review many (if any) orders.

MaxMind, of course, offers a free package which works seamlessly with WHMCS.

For PhireFast, about 35% of orders are fraudulent.

We probably get about 2 or 3 fraudulent orders a month, I agree with some on here that Maxmind does manage to filter out most of the bogus orders.