How many domains do you own?

I think I have something around 10, I only use a few though.
I will try count...

Ok at least 9 that I use and at least 4-5 that I bought but never use.
I dont like having too many domains, especially when Im not using them.

I have ten. Or is it eleven?

(pause for thought...that's the burning smell...)

Ten in use, plus two others sitting back-burner until I decide precisely how to use them.

One of my customers has about 100 domains. He only uses a hand full of them but got then just incase those names got popular. Kinda of securing the market place. He is a big time realtor.

Wow thats a lot of domains to have when hes only using a few of them.
Does he buy them with the mistakes etc. like a lot of companies do?
I dont think there is any point in paying so much for domains your not using when you dont know if something is even going to take off

That's domain speculation: it may pay off, it may not. If people are relatively confident that they know what may become popular in a year or three, then this kind of thing can pay off. You do have to know what trends to watch, though - and then hope that someone else didn't already think the same thing that you did, because then they would have bought the domains already.

OTOH, if just a handful of the domains you purchase becomes wildly popular and someone does decide to buy them from you for a few hundred or thousand each, that can cover the original investment and make you some profit.

Exactly. Right now, because they were the first ones known and so have that...er..."TLD awareness" going, .com / .net / .org are the domain extensions that are going to be more valuable than the same domain with another TLD. You've got to know social and market trends to succeed at any kind of speculation - and even then it's no guarantee. In the future, who knows - some other domain extension could become as or even more popular, though for commercial purposes, .com may be it for quite a while.

hi all
i have 25 domains,but actually using 12 for 4 sites.
for sure 9 are for sale,the rest ill use them if ill have the time.
regards