How long is reasonable for deployment?

I would say that good deployment is instant - 12h,
12 - 72h is average and anything above that would be too long. Making the client start having second thoughts

cPanel can be deployed instantly a vps should never take 72 hours i deploy all vps even windows instantly

It goes back to when cPanel used to take 6+ hours to install. If you want DirectAdmin then this is still a manual process and has to be manually approved by DirectAdmin direct.

correct it should not take 72 hrs, but it can depending the time of day /week it is ordered and what you are having installed on the server.

Three business days or 72 hours should be the standard for deploying a dedicated server. Everything beyond that is just unprofessional.

As it is said built to order and dedicated server i assume we talk about a physical dedicated server.

Less than 24 hours probably means server is already built, a good delivery time is between 24 hours and 48 hours, if the order is exotic you can extend to 72 hours but not more.

One more thing, it can be delayed if the company requires info to register customer account.

you have to think that most providers may deploy servers within 24 to 48 hrs, but will say give 72hrs (just like domain registrations), but a lot of server providers will ask the buyer to provide ID etc. which will add to a delay.

I once had someone order a VPS which the system will automatically ask them to sent in a copy of photo ID and residential ID and then once we check this we will either refund or deploy server. He contacted us within 10 minutes in an aggressive manner demanding to know why he had not received the server details. I told him to read the email he received and follow its instruction to send in the required ID. he stated he never received any email ( strange as i had the email receipt to show it was not just received, but opened). i told him this and he got more aggressive, so i told him to make things easier i will cancel the order, refund and he can go elsewhere.