How long have you been hosting?

John Diver said:
How long have you been running your hosting company for?
Did you offer what you do now when you first started?
Has everything gone to plan so far according to your business plan? (Assuming you have one. If any host is over one month old and tells me it has, don’t, we all know its lies ;))

What do you wish you could change about the past of your hosting company, if anything?
Are you happy with how its going so far?
What were your reasons for starting out in the hosting business? How did you first get involved and interested?

I joined M6.Net in 1999 though it was started in 1997

I would say yes... multiple web sites hosting under one account. In fact it won't be wrong if I say that we were the first company to offer true multiple sites hosting under one account. Also since day one we were concentrating on customer care and we are still focusing on it. In fact we still have clients who signed in 1997 and 1998. We call them senior citizens :p

Not actually, the whole industry is so unpredictable... But we might be completely dead or lost without it.

I wish smartermail was available a year and half ago, when we faced serious problem with our mail servers, which cost us hundreds of clients. But we are glad that nightmare is over.

So far, I would say OK++.... but I am very excited for the coming year.

I was completing my MBA, when I got a part time job here and never thought about anything else after that
:smash:

Sounds like you had a good run of it so far Denver, glad everything is working out according to plan!

Wish it was like that for me :rolleyes:

I havent seen your company around M6.net which is odd since you have been going for so long.
Do you only do windows hosting?
Are you working for the company or part owner?

That really says something if you have customers from 1997, a lot would move to a few hosts during that time.
Are they still paying the same price from 1997, I would say it would have cost a *little* more back then ;)

John Diver said:
Sounds like you had a good run of it so far Denver, glad everything is working out according to plan!

Wish it was like that for me :rolleyes:

I havent seen your company around M6.net which is odd since you have been going for so long.
Do you only do windows hosting?
Are you working for the company or part owner?

That really says something if you have customers from 1997, a lot would move to a few hosts during that time.
Are they still paying the same price from 1997, I would say it would have cost a *little* more back then ;)

If you will check our google rankings and alexa ratings you will find we are doing fairly well. Also whois report will confirm that we have been on the Net since 1997.

Yes, we are only windows based hosting company

I am only working... I am General Manager here.

They are still paying the same price (unless they have downgraded to lower plans). Instead of reducing the prices we keep adding more and more features.

For e.g previously our SME-kit ($10/mth) was allowing only 50 MB web space and 500MB bandwidth and now it is 1000 MB web space and 8 GB per month at same price. Previously it allows only 1 website with no extra cost but now it allows 2 sites.

Nice prices on your site RPX, they seems very sustainable :)
Are you going to be offering any other payment method?
That might really help if you do, maybe another method for credit card payment.

I cant get FastNetServers to work so hopefully Rahul hasnt gone out of business, havent seen him on here is a very long time either

Good prices and very nice site indeed.. nice work.. although some of the darker text may be better changed to a lighter color..

Yeah Rahul was doing alot of good posts earlier, and now he's just disappeared it seems like.. hope he is ok!