How long did it take you to learn to code?

BlackStorm

How long did it take you to learn to code?
What language did you first learn and did you find it hard?
Were you able to learn other codes easier after learning one?

I have been learning delphi for years now and still havent mastered it, doubt I ever will ;)
I have started to learn PHP but only worked on it for a few weeks because I had a lot to do, PHP is something I really want to learn since its so useful.
First language I tried was HTML, found it very very easy and I think I mastered most things in the first few weeks.
I only used notepad at that stage so I probably knew more HTML a few years ago than I do now because I have started to use WYSIWYG programs.
I know after learning one code I was able to learn others a lot easier so it does help a lot I think.

I started HTML when I was about 9, did that for many years, till I was probably 15. This is when I started trying PHP, been doing that for about 2 years now. Hope to learn alot more with it, still learning today. It isn't that hard and php.net REALLY helps alot.

I also started with HTML when I was nine. I think HTML is a great starting place. I'm now interested in learning PHP though.

HTML was my first language to learn. Only took about 3 weeks to learn most of it. After that I got into Visual Basic. Have been messing with it for about a year, and It is pretty easy. I would like to learn php because of all the great stuff I have seen it used with.

Whenever I saw my cousing coding in VB I loved it and it got be curious so I started learning VB and then slowly moved on to other languages like PHP, Java and OOPS I dont know why...but I think that it has been a great experience...say 2 - 3 months to learn a coding language inside out.

I'm currently learning the Div programming language. One week and I've already made a game. (Sadly MS-DOS only (works in DOs-BOX) but a windows version is in the works).

I started with BASIC when I was about 6, lol, on my Atari ST (great computer, still have it with 100+ programs and 300+ games all originals, must be worth something now ;) )
Made a few interesting things

Got my PC, and on one of the first disks I got, was Delphi 1, I loved it, got into it and have been using it ever since. I was only about 8ish then.

Years have passed now, and I've watched a lot more come out. I feel old in a way, remembering when you'd say 'Internet' to someone and they wouldnt know what you were talking about, and it used to be BBSs you had to dial up to.

gooooogle,I recommend learning PHP. It's another great and easy to learn language :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tombarko8