How have your clients been finding you lately?

Artashes

Administrator
Staff member
Where do you see most of your clients coming from over the last couple of years?

Have you seen any change or shifts in the sales channels over the last five years?

There's definitely been a shift in sales channels over the last five years. I'm finding very few businesses actually answer their phones anymore and I'm talking about large and small, and even fewer return their voicemail. I do believe mobile marketing is on the rise and I think email marketing remains strong.

I find a lot of businesses seem to forget where they placed their devices or they have no idea how to reply to emails as they just ignore you.

It also seems like some of them check their email periodically and far apart.
More and More don't reply to emails though. A simple 'We have your email and are looking at your issue' goes a long way, but you never get that either

Last edited:
If I were a business, I'd be most definitely switching (or adding) SMS-based communication as a channel. The open rate for texting is enormously high (in the 90+ % and more people feel it's easier to just text than email). Texting dwarfs email.

If I were a business, I'd be most definitely switching (or adding) SMS-based communication as a channel. The open rate for texting is enormously high (in the 90+ % and more people feel it's easier to just text than email). Texting dwarfs email.
I've had companies say text or use social media to contact them and still they never reply. I have also seen companies wash all hands by saying 'for help use our community forum'

We get a SLEW of texts on our business line. Every time I get it, I block. There are reporting tools too and the FCC gets more involved as it falls under different guidance than emails. I think most people in the US are on an "unlimited text" plan, but there are still those that do the prepaid phones, and especially overseas that can rack up fees.

We've seen a number of companies last year that also advertised via SnapChat - I don't know if that's still a thing today.

If you're running a local business, then the Bluetooth beacons are doing an amazing job with grabbing people in a localized area. We've also seen the portable beacons being used to advertise online places. They take the portable beacon to a football game, baseball or whatever. It's easily concealed in a backpack, and then it just blasts anyone who has Bluetooth enabled. Does it work? According to the places that sell it, it does, but I haven't seen many real-world businesses post about it.

Texting dwarfs email.

I'd imagine that probably depends on the subject. With something where more information is likely to be involved then I think more people might default to email but with quick simple questions that they don't expect to refer back to then text maybe.

Me thinks I didn't explain myself very clearly. What I meant by SMS as a form of communication with clients is more in line with catering to your existing audience and keeping in touch. Services like community.com have allowed exactly that — it's zoning out newsletters that no one opens anymore and introducing texting. Think of it as an extension to social networking, except it's more effective in delivering your messages and communicating with clients.

Me thinks I didn't explain myself very clearly. What I meant by SMS as a form of communication with clients is more in line with catering to your existing audience and keeping in touch. Services like community.com have allowed exactly that — it's zoning out newsletters that no one opens anymore and introducing texting. Think of it as an extension to social networking, except it's more effective in delivering your messages and communicating with clients.
Yes SMS is the modern thing as people ditch PCs and laptops for smartphones and phaplets, even businesses are using these.