How easy is it to use...

Anjay

Hey folks,

I've never used this type of desk before, nor has anyone I know. Now, the thing is, my client needs a very special desk... the problem is, he doesn't have much space. It cannot be more than 92cm in width, and even 90cm is better.

So has anyone used a desk like:
Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

I was thinking of the one in Link 3, but it may be better for him to use something else which is more functional like Link 2 I think it was.

Have any of you people used a desk like this?
Is it easy to use?

Thanks all.

I like the second most of those Anjay, but I really don't like desks that have the sliding part for the keyboard, I have that on my new desk (Just got it a few days ago) and I hate it...
Really gets in the way.

The one I have is wood, but I think metal would look better between the ones you posted.

I think the second looks best, but that and the first both seem to have the same sort of design, maybe it is just the angle though, couldn't work out if there was something at the right of desk two.

lol - No, no no!!! :p

Thanks all for your recommendations, but the links I gave were examples to show what I mean. heh.

What my question was, was actually - How easy is it to use a desk like that, where you cannot put your legs under the desk?

Although the 3rd looks much better in the flesh (best looking actually; picture doesn't do it justice... at all), the first and second seems more functional with the sliding keyboard coming out more making it easier to type since your legs cannot go under the desk.

I don't think I would like a desk like that at all, where you could not put legs underneath.. I think it would be annoying and hard..

That is what I was talking about. Third dosent look very good the first and second one you could get a way with I think.

I don't think I would like a desk like that at all, where you could not put legs underneath.. I think it would be annoying and hard..
When you haven't got much space, and that's all that's open to you, it's either get a desk like that or not one at all. ;)

That is what I was talking about. Third dosent look very good the first and second one you could get a way with I think.
The second is actually glass; I think you'd have to be very weary about that and be cautious that you don't break it. heh.

Thanks all for your responses. :)

I wouldn't want to have a glass table, especially when working with computers, you know how mad they can make you, wouldn't want to slam anything down too hard or it would shatter over your computer ;)

I wouldn't want to have a glass table, especially when working with computers, you know how mad they can make you, wouldn't want to slam anything down too hard or it would shatter over your computer
Heh, yeah. Reminds me of a friend who had a laptop, and he was soo frustrated slammed his fists on the laptop; not realising firstly he could brake it, and secondly he slammed right where the hard drive was. So, in the end, the hard drive was broken and he had to spend €400 on a new one. (He was ripped off though)

But actually, I was flicking through a catalogue and found a very nice desk. It's small, and would fit perfectly. It's a plain desk ( 90 x 77 x 60 ), with a sliding keyboard. You can put a shelf at the bottom, to place say your tower on, or it can be removed for space for your legs. And then he'll also get a bookshelf with five shelves ( 67 x 71 x 28 ).

But I was surprised I wasn't able to find anything else for him. The maximum budget was €200; and even that yielded nothing. There were plenty of lovely desks, very true, but none in the needed size. Shame. Been trying to find a photo of the desk I found with the bookshelf, but their website doesn't have it on line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tombarko8