How do your Clients Pay?

HS Nick

Ok guys im just a little curious.

What way do the majority of your customers pay?

For some reason most of mine chose to pay via Paypal.

Also paypal for me.
I would say about 30% pay via credit card through 2CO but most still use paypal but I really dont mind.
I use paypal to pay for a lot online, when I cant I just use debit card.

Paypal is a lot less hassle to be honest, can use it online and put it into my bank in the same time a cheque takes to clear so its all good :)

3/4 credit card - merchant account
1/4 paypal
1/32 2checkout

I perfer the merchant better, paypal is ok but not very fond of them.

I offer

Merchant Account
Paypal

But about 90% of my customers use paypal.

I pay all of my hosting related bills/costs with paypal but my servers as the datacenter doesnt accept paypal, so i have to transfer the money to my bank account to just a debit card.

I would say paypal makes quite a lot of money...
They get a good profit from each transaction AND they would be getting a good amount of interest.
Not sure how it works for them getting interest but Im sure they would make enough from either one to run their business as it is already

We've got about a 70/30 split between 2co and Paypal with 99% on auto reoccuring which makes billing nice and easy

Rus

paypal takes 2.9% out and then charges a 30 cents transaction fee. then 2.9% to exchange it into canadian and 50 cents to put it in a canadian bank...

I take almost all payments via PayPal. This works great since you can get a debit card for your PayPal account. I can use this to pay for Colo and other hosting expenses. PayPal now allows users to make credit card payments without having to sign up for a PayPal account.

I wish I could use the paypal debit card...
They arent available for outside the states and Im in Ireland.
Paypal now has a UK division so hopefully they will bring out something here soon as I would love that.

Paypal makes a ton of money every day. Imagine 1,000's of dollars being put into an "ONLINE BANK ACCOUNT" which isnt technically money. Until you cash out your money into a bank acocunt or check.. .paypal takes your money and invests it and makes 15-30% off it (if they invest smart). So on top of the transaction fee and percentage... they are also making a killer on people who leave funds in their account.

I personally dont like paypal too much... but I am forced to use it since a lot of customers pay that way. paypal freezes peoples accounts way too often and it is a pain in the ass to get your money if they do that.

I offer paypal and 2CO and I would say 90% use paypal, I prefer 2CO because they have an extensive fraud check, heck they were even denying me in the beginning until I called them and had them put in my file that I have a European IP but an American address. They thought it bad business that I could be a customer being rejected but that I could also be a business owner using their services. I thought it was funny and didn't mind as it just shows they take the fraud checks seriously.
I would love to get a merchant account some day but for now I prefer this, less work for me. I still call and verify but at least most of the rest is done.