How are you preparing your website for SearchGPT?

Artashes

Administrator
Staff member
OpenAI has launched an AI search engine SearchGPT. The company says they have been overwhelmed with the response (I am on the waitlist): "We’ve had an overwhelming response and have filled the initial spots for the prototype. While we can’t offer you an invitation right now, we’ll reach out as we expand access."

At this moment, very little is known about the search engine, yet my gut tells me it has the potential to very quickly gain minimal market share, pass DuckDuckGo, maybe even muscle Bing around after that, if things go right.

This leaves the biggest question of all: how do web hosting companies prepare for it (or anyone really)? How do you interact with its algorithm? How do you maximize your chance to becoming a reference point?

With very little data out there, what's your take on SearchGPT, its potential impact on search, and your business websites?

I'm excited to see where this leads as I do believe we are in the early stage of revolutionary technological advancements. I've been using AI frequently the past few months and while it has some flaws, I absolutely love what it opens to the world.

To be fair, it's not just SearchGPT, although it'd be interesting to follow its journey. It's every AI-driven search tool, including Google's Gemini and Microsoft's Copilot.

We are mostly trying to focus on very few things. Among them:

— instead of focusing on dry keywords, we are trying to understand user's intent behind the keywords that they find us with, and cater more content towards that intent;

— when creating content, again, we try to think of how customers would ask questions and what kind of answers they would understand. We try to be as user friendly, as clear and as detailed as we can be;

— we make sure the technical base is solid (on-page elements), title tags, meta descriptions, etc;

— we've recently relaunched our entire website, refreshed the brand look, and with it made sure the site has a clean and enjoyable UI, and that it is built and optimized properly;

— we've started to engage more with our clients by creating content that's mutually beneficial (ex: customer spotlights). It was a ton of work, but we hear authentic experiences are great for general SEO. It's possible we are generally going to score better;

There are still things to do and improve on (structured data, off-page SEO, and other things), but we have more of a methodical approach.

I'd frankly believe a good, articuled website would be nice for SearchAI to consider a good offer. Some niche words may do the difference, other feedback can do it as well, etc.

It's time for Google to step in and acquire everything as if it had never existed before. :D
This here. Like Zero and rich results Google is trying to keep users on Google. On the one hand as traffic continues to decrease due to things like AI overviews and content creators aren't getting the rewards for their work they might stop producing work. This will be disastrous for AI as its training data will become its own output. On the other hand Google might incentivise content creators but it will never be the type of value we got from organic traffic.

AI is great don't get me wrong, just like social media could have been. But the companies that drive it and us as users are responsible for what it end up being. (Like Social Media - If I pitched the idea to you before Facebook, you'd think this is fantastic a way to connect people and keep people connected across the world, but its turned into a cesspool of politics, lies and advertising, that's how we chose to use it. )

I see the same things starting with AI. Everybody is so eager to get it out and monetize it. For things like generating images and text, music also some deepfakes and scams., but what kind of advancements could we have if this was used in the research fields like the medical industry.

Its a wonderful tool like most things we created, but human nature is not a good one and so these tools become tainted by that.

This here. Like Zero and rich results Google is trying to keep users on Google. On the one hand as traffic continues to decrease due to things like AI overviews and content creators aren't getting the rewards for their work they might stop producing work. This will be disastrous for AI as its training data will become its own output. On the other hand Google might incentivise content creators but it will never be the type of value we got from organic traffic.

AI is great don't get me wrong, just like social media could have been. But the companies that drive it and us as users are responsible for what it end up being. (Like Social Media - If I pitched the idea to you before Facebook, you'd think this is fantastic a way to connect people and keep people connected across the world, but its turned into a cesspool of politics, lies and advertising, that's how we chose to use it. )

I see the same things starting with AI. Everybody is so eager to get it out and monetize it. For things like generating images and text, music also some deepfakes and scams., but what kind of advancements could we have if this was used in the research fields like the medical industry.

Its a wonderful tool like most things we created, but human nature is not a good one and so these tools become tainted by that.
You're right it's a double-edged sword. tools like AI can offer incredible potential, but the way we choose to use them often twists that promise into something less constructive.

Back