HostingU.com sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rossman005

I bought from them and they offer no support! They refused to fix something for me on their side of the error and they have screwey PHP settings. :angry:

Here's My Bad Experience!

I paid with a credit card and received an email from hostingu.com stating that they had received my payment. On that email there was NO info about logging to my account. I sent them an email telling them this and asking for my login info. I have STILL not received any info from them at all.

DO NOT USE HOSTINGU.COM AS A WEB HOST!!!

I did a search for the names and companies they used on the web site that gave them good reviews but these people and company names DO NOT even exist!!!

http://www.hostingU.com is a SCAM!!!

I'm in the process now of trying to get my money back from them. MY gut instinct told me not to use them but I didn't listen. My mistake.

Here is the info I submitted to the Federal Trade Commission:

To Whom It May Concern:

I registered with hostingu.com for web hosting. Immediately after registering and paying via credit card I received a web page that appeared to be a receipt. I printed said receipt and have it in my possession. I emailed support@hostingu.com and told them I had not received any login information for my web hosting account. That email and all subsequent emails were ignored. Two days after registering I received an email with all sorts of login information and various links to help pages. I tried to login to various web pages but could not. I emailed them and told them to canncel my account and refund my money to my credit card. I still have not had any response/repy for any of the emails I've sent. I also tried calling but got an answering machine.

In my opinion, the person running this web site is a scam artist.

The FTC might not investigate into this case unless there is a single (or total) of over $5,000 in damages done to consumers. However, your effort was not useless as now they have a file on them.

Why can't you do a charge back through your Credit Company? Its the fastest way to go and most reliable. Plus, it hurts hosting company's file so that they might terminate service to the company if they have too much charge-back orders.

Best,

Artashes said:
The FTC might not investigate into this case unless there is a single (or total) of over $5,000 in damages done to consumers. However, your effort was not useless as now they have a file on them.

Why can't you do a charge back through your Credit Company? Its the fastest way to go and most reliable. Plus, it hurts hosting company's file so that they might terminate service to the company if they have too much charge-back orders.

Best,

Thanks a lot for the tip!

How does one do a charge back? My CC is one of those Debit/Credit cards I got from my bank.

hostingu-SUCKS said:
How does one do a charge back? My CC is one of those Debit/Credit cards I got from my bank.
Call your bank's customer service! but be aware that there is usually a time limit you can apply for a chargeback. With my CC it is 4-6 weeks since the original charge date.

Good luck,

I've e-mailed them a few times telling them to cancel my account this month and I have no reply. Any ideas? Its been 5 months!

rossman005 said:
I've e-mailed them a few times telling them to cancel my account this month and I have no reply. Any ideas? Its been 5 months!
Wow! ...5 months?

Sorry to hear your bad experience! Did you try calling your bank?

hostingu.com info

When I first signed up with hostingu.com, I received prompt support when I had a question about transferring my domain. However, I've not received any acknowledgment for two other support queries I've had since. If it helps anyone get their money back, here is some info from the first e-mail I received...

The person who answered my question signed the e-mail:

> > Christopher Decker
> > NetWorks Internet Tools
> > 262-534-7409

I searched for "Networks Internet Tools," and found this info at switchboard.com:

703 Rohda Dr
Waterford, WI 53185-4268 Phone: (262) 534-7409

Hmm...the site of HostingU.com looks pretty professional...Nearly fooled by this company if not for some users of them who posted their complaints here..

I purchased an ecommerce plan from hostingu also and I also have received no info on my account nor a reply to my emails. it's been 2weeks I payed through paypal because if it was a scam they wouldn't have my credit card number.
wish I found this forum before I bouhgt it

HostingU is BAD business

In January I purchased one year with HostingU. I also purchased my domain name. My site still sits with "under construction" on it. I have been unable to access the site builder, unable to get into the members area, unable to speak with a human being. The company has not ONCE responded to my MANY MANY phone calls or emails. No one EVER answeres the phone (but there is 24/7 service???) The majority of the contact links on their page go NOWHERE. But if you go to my site their link on the bottom of my page works great. Where they can con more people into giving them money!! I sent them messages saying I want my money back, that I will file a complaint, still nothing. I filed complaints with the Wisconson BBB and with the FTC over the weekend. I have already recieved a response from both. I also filed one with the company that was directly responsible for my deciding to go with HostingU. HostAZ.com rates the top 10 web hosting companies. HostingU is listed number 5, it also says they won the Top 10 Web Hosting Gold Award in 2003. Can any one who has done business with this company believe this?? I found them in 03. When I went there to file the complaint HostingU is still listed at number 5. The link goes to the same one I have been working with for 3 months (I use the term "working" loosly). The company that is in "the heart of Wisconson's dairyland". But the information that HostAZ.com gives says 4060 E. Caballero, Annapolis, MD 21401. HOWEVER, the phone numbers are the same!! And if you go to anywho, white pages, yellowpages, or BBB for either state these companies don't appear to exist - outside of cyberspace. I think they are scam artists. And if something is to be done about this type of business practice then more then one complaint needs to be filed. I encourage everyone who has issues with Hostingu.com to do the same thing as I have. We need to show companies like this that the public is not going to accept this kind of business practice. Thanks for reading, and I hope that you will send some emails of your own off today. Brenda

Last edited:
Wow thats all I can say. I mean you take a guy like me who has worked his tale end off just to get to where I am today. And then along comes a company that screws it up for all the other hosts. Anyway to the point goto your bank and tell them you want to dispute all charges of that company. Thats what I had to do when I purchased a script from a company and they provided no support.

wow...lol.., like pyxishost its all i can say.. i never really thought something like all this could happen.. i'm just starting in the hosting industry and this..well this is just not good for buisness..lol

wow..

Status
Not open for further replies.