"HostingDiscussion.com Approved" hosts

Well Art i agree with you, but if OP thinks this is a good idea then you can explain to him why HD would be closed as you and your team would have to spend all your time verifing hosts you wont have any time left for HD.

this is the only way i think such a thing could be implimented

I think I have already explained my personal stand, why repeat myself.

The OP's idea is a fascinating one, but irrelevant of the resources applied (labor hours and financial support), it is just something that has always been very difficult (nearly impossible) to implement in this industry. And for us, a community, this will be damaging to the level of its objectivity.

Not a bad idea but this way you'll limit the competition between hosts of all kind and sizes. As you know Forum posts are shown on search engine so whenever someone search about a certain hosting company he'll find all results including reviews but for starting companies this will cause them trouble and they can't survive. Consider your own business you'll lose selling Reseller Hosting, VPS & dedicated servers. Sometimes new companies have better prices and services than other large and old ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
netcrohosting