Hosting service

Hi,

I am researching over the internet. I would like to know which hosting service is more beneficial?

Can someone explain me ?

I believe cloud hosting is best now a days but still looking for opinion.

Hi,

I am researching over the internet. I would like to know which hosting service is more beneficial?

Can someone explain me ?

It all depends what you want to do

Personal Websites
Personal Blogs
Commercial Websites
Ecommerce Websites
Hosting Business

all these have different requirements, most will work fine on normal server, and some may work better on the cloud

Like Easyhostmedia said, this depends on your application. Why do you believe cloud hosting is the best?

Cloud hosting is not the best for any website but it is definitely a high availability hosting solution (if the provider doesn't oversell) with the pay-as-you-go pricing structure.

For most websites a shared hosting is a better and cheaper solution than a cloud. And for some websites a dedicated server is more appropriate than a cloud hosting.

For private pages or small businesses, a shared hosting may be the best option. I guess all shared hoster have proper plans to support projects which don't require too many resources. I recommend you post your requirements, then it is easier to tell.

Some hosts will offer shared hosting on a cloud-server, so you get the high availability and the good price.

It all depends on the task at hand. If it's a small business or a private page, then shared hosting is needed. For medium-sized businesses and large websites, hosting resources may not be enough, in this case a virtual server or a dedicated server will do. In any case, it all depends on the required requirements and budget.

Hi,

Can someone explain me ?

Yes, I agree cloud hosting is best in terms of speed and reliability and is also affordable nowadays. Cheaper options are also available like cloud shared and cloud VPS

Yes, I agree cloud hosting is best in terms of speed and reliability

Who says. If you have litespeed on a server then it can be just as fast as a cloud server and cloud servers can be unreliable just like any other server as you cannot always rely on any technology.

Well, I experience almost no downtimes when operating in cloud.

I had the same with VPS when i was hosting, in 7 years i had no downtime. It is all down to the reliability of the technology.

It is like you having an iPhone X and me having an identical iPhone X for the same 5 years and you having no issues and me having many issues.

Would you please explain what the above example was about?:confused:

He meant that good reliable technology is just that ⏤ reliable, and will serve a good amount of time, no matter when you are introduced to it.

Would you please explain what the above example was about?:confused:

like all technology be it Iphones or servers, non are 100% reliable. 2 people could have the same spec server/iphone with same provider and get different experiences.

with servers be it VPS/Cloud/Dedicated, it all depends what software you have installed to how stable/reliable they are.

even cloud servers used hard drives which can fail

even cloud servers used hard drives which can fail

I was rather talking about high availability clusters, which, according to Wikipedia:

"They operate by using high availability software to harness redundant computers in groups or clusters that provide continued service when system components fail. Without clustering, if a server running a particular application crashes, the application will be unavailable until the crashed server is fixed."

I was rather talking about high availability clusters, which, according to Wikipedia:

"They operate by using high availability software to harness redundant computers in groups or clusters that provide continued service when system components fail. Without clustering, if a server running a particular application crashes, the application will be unavailable until the crashed server is fixed."

And you can cluster VPS and Dedicated servers though WHM which does the same job