Hosting review sites

Status
Not open for further replies.
More often than not Hosting review sites are all affiliate based and of no real use when looking for real honest reviews of a service provider, but just recently I found one that is not getting paid for there reviews https://digitalatjanster.se/hosting-domaner-2/ worth a read here always.:agree:

at the bottom of their page it states

Digital Services receives compensation for marketing the services, but all ratings are user generated.

so like all others they get paid for putting services on their site

so look here

https://whois.domaintools.com/digitalatjanster.se

Name Servers
NS1.LOOPIA.SE
NS2.LOOPIA.SE

and the first website listed on their review is LOOPIA

and why does it show for your own website

https://whois.domaintools.com/xn--malmcloud-37a.se

Registrar Loopia AB

Last edited:
Honest reviews? Not getting paid? Forgive me, but I find this list anything but objective or honest.

The #1 ranked company on that list is the company the website is hosted at.

Your company is conveniently listed on that shortlist as well.

Finally, GoDaddy has just announced there was a major security breach with their hosting services. Yet it is still listed as #3.

Well they listed me for free, yes i know 7th place but its still one more link and you know that's always good in the eyes of google......

Also I have spoken with the person who made this site, she works in Stocks normal but due to Covid 19 she is unable to work so made this site of course she will be making some money just like all of us she needs to live, but she is not no ware near as bias as all of the others that refuse to give a smaller company any chance.

Also I have spoken with the person who made this site, she works in Stocks normal but due to Covid 19 she is unable to work so made this site of course she will be making some money just like all of us she needs to live, but she is not no ware near as bias as all of the others that refuse to give a smaller company any chance.

this means nothing as your company, the site, the sites host are all linked together via LOOPIA.SE

The site even says they get paid by the hosts being listed.

If a small company has the funds then any of the top 10/review sites will give them a chance as its the more you are willing to pay the higher up the rankings you are placed.

Just that large companies have the budget and departments that only work on making sure they remain top of these lists and all costs.

Last edited:
More often than not Hosting review sites are all affiliate based and of no real use when looking for real honest reviews of a service provider, but just recently I found one that is not getting paid for there reviews

So in your first post, you stated that you found a hosting review site that is not getting paid for their reviews, yet in the second you stated, "of course, she will be making some money."

I don't have anything against entrepreneurs finding ways to make money, but what you're presenting is disingenuous.

but its still one more link and you know that's always good in the eyes of google......

Not quite true. A QUALITY link is good in the eyes of Google.

You've now associated yourself with a website that has a "0" for domain rating, they have a total of 2 backlinks pointing to their site (both from Themeforest), and the majority of phrases that Google has associated with them are "zalando chat", "nelly live chat", and other phrases like "skincity chart".

You have now, potentially in the eyes of Google, associated your site with a low-grade domain which can potentially drag down the value of your own site.

Be careful just getting links - they're not all created equal. If the value of your own site is not high enough, you could be harming your own site.

(this is how negative SEO campaigns work):crash:

Also I have spoken with the person who made this site, she works in Stocks normal but due to Covid 19 she is unable to work so made this site

So in essence the site has just been rushed together by someone wanting to make a fast buck.

Wrong move as will this be left or closed down after then Covid 19 issue clear and she goes back to work.

If she wanted to make money then why did she not set up an ecommerce site and dropship goods as this would give a better return

Such reaction to a guy trying to do SEO here:) Not quality one, btw.

looking at all the evidence i would say he is the owner or co owner of the site as what are the chances of you finding a review site that uses the same hosting company as your own site

looking at all the evidence i would say he is the owner or co owner of the site as what are the chances of you finding a review site that uses the same hosting company as your own site

Let's be real - who cares about Swedish hosting review site and Swedish hosting here? Yes, it's easier to do SEO for local market and that is definitely the goal, but respect to other forum members should take place also.

Let's be real - who cares about Swedish hosting review site and Swedish hosting here? Yes, it's easier to do SEO for local market and that is definitely the goal, but respect to other forum members should take place also.

yes, but if he is the owner/co owner then he is advertising which is against HD rules

I've not read any disrespect yet, only an honest discussion of the review site. Let's keep it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.