Hosting is growing

they can do this by contacting your ISP or mail server provider. they dont need your permission. this is the issue behind such a scheme.

ISPs are some of the main supporters of trying to stop this from happening

I am against it also, but I have not seen anything of this yet.

Eitherway I doubt it will happen.

I am against it also, but I have not seen anything of this yet.

Eitherway I doubt it will happen.

Same here, apart from the original news reports and topics in some computer mags ive not heard anything more, their are several petitions on the governments epetition site opposed to this.

It's true that some 3rd countries don't have computers and their citizens don't have internet yet this because of economy, knowledge and requirements however and as you know we are heading to 4G technology the upcoming technology will be about a combination of Mobile Phone, Gadget or Pads and PC's all-in-one device with long living batteries and stable telecom and internet connection. In addition to that you have cloud computing so you need to prepare yourself in the near future to provide different hosting services then the traditional and known things as even 3rd countries have web hosting solution but not cloud or vps or dedicated servers or mobile hosting and so on. I believe it's much more than 3.5 billion because you forget to compare it to population which is increasing also so fast in the next 20years will use 3.5b PC for 15% of these people we need more than 200years to reach what you want.

I am ready! I am ready for my hosting company to triple in size! But i have seen a constant growth in the number of people wanting to start their own website. So hopefully i can more than triple in size!

Terry is right about the new monitoring laws being proposed in the UK - ISPs are to be forced to record all emails as well as record the details of all visits to websites, although I believe the current proposal is the domain name only and not the full url. I'm British and have to say it makes me uneasy, particularly as no court order is required to be able to read the contents.

There are too many cases in the UK of powers being extended by stealth, eg local councils using legislation brought in to combat serious cases like terrorism, being applied for stupid things like suspicions about people lying about their address for school admittance purposes eg http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/apr/17/council-surveillance-abuse.

Oh, and if anyone wants 3.5 billion servers, I'll see what I can do - you might even get a discount from list :D