Hosting is growing

SonWebHost

Account Disabled
Did you know that half the world is not connected to the net yet that means we will need about 3.5 billion more servers if each person gets a website. Are you ready for the growth?

Did you know that half the world is not connected to the net yet that means we will need about 3.5 billion more servers if each person gets a website. Are you ready for the growth?

If you provide me with the 3.5 billion servers then i will be ready :D

Haha that kind of growth wouldn't happen for a very long time yet and maybe then, servers could be cheap (or so we hope). A lot of the world, including 3rd world countries are still in the olden days where they use pen and paper or basic word processing on a computer about 10 years old so the likelihood of having a company like that to have or want or even know what a website is, would be quite interesting.

Haha that kind of growth wouldn't happen for a very long time yet and maybe then, servers could be cheap (or so we hope). A lot of the world, including 3rd world countries are still in the olden days where they use pen and paper or basic word processing on a computer about 10 years old so the likelihood of having a company like that to have or want or even know what a website is, would be quite interesting.

well some 3rd world countries are getting computers. i visted a warehouse last week belonging to one of these many charities that deliver donated goods to 3rd world countries as they wanted me to check out some computers (60) that had been donated to them.
no idea where they come from but they were old desktop amstrads with windows 95.

By the time everyone one in the world gets internet connection or even meets with the internet industry there will be new web hosting solutions out. Who knows maybe the will be no more servers and something else replacing them?

Indeed it is growing, and fast!

There is still tons of 3rd world countries ready to be exploited, and it will happen in time!

Indeed it is growing, and fast!

There is still tons of 3rd world countries ready to be exploited, and it will happen in time!

true, but will this be after the UK government has read all our emails and what sites etc we have been using

I caught a breakdown of this the other day and it was kind of crazy to think about, the geekiest of it was great though. I am still wondering the more we expand (within all industries) where all of the physical objects are going to end up at, we are already running out of room as it is due to over-population.

Yes, hosting service has always been in high demand and will be in higher demand in the future. Are we ready for that? There is no choice, we have to be ready for that.

I caught a breakdown of this the other day and it was kind of crazy to think about, the geekiest of it was great though. I am still wondering the more we expand (within all industries) where all of the physical objects are going to end up at, we are already running out of room as it is due to over-population.

I think by the time space runs out, technology will of evolved already.

I think by the time space runs out, technology will of evolved already.

my point was not about evolving technology. my point was that the UK goverment are planning to force ISP etc in the UK to add hardware so that they can spy on us by knowing what sites we are visiting and what, where and who we are emailing with the option to actually read out emails without us knowing.

below is an epetition to sign against these plans.

Scrap Plans to Monitor all Emails and Web Usage http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/32403

well, web hosting business growing day by day and now there`s one more thing Email hosting also in the trends for business.

Thanks

MOD NOTE: Post edited. Signature removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think the 3rd world countries are going to be able to keep up with everyone else. In some areas, technology is only for the wealthy/upper class, which means that the working class or below in those countries probably won't get that much time exposed to a computer. Then again, as much as I love computers, it would actually be nice to go and experience locations that do not use or need computers like some of the nomadic Mongals who still live off the land and what they make.

my point was not about evolving technology. my point was that the UK goverment are planning to force ISP etc in the UK to add hardware so that they can spy on us by knowing what sites we are visiting and what, where and who we are emailing with the option to actually read out emails without us knowing.

below is an epetition to sign against these plans.

Scrap Plans to Monitor all Emails and Web Usage http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/32403

I think if you investigate properly, you will understand they actually cannot read the emails but only know who you sent 'A' email to and 'WHEN'

I have already signed against it but people are blowing it out of proportion.
I am anti-government eitherway and it is a joke, but try not to exaggerate, we don't wan't a world war again. :agree:

I think if you investigate properly, you will understand they actually cannot read the emails but only know who you sent 'A' email to and 'WHEN'

I have already signed against it but people are blowing it out of proportion.
I am anti-government eitherway and it is a joke, but try not to exaggerate, we don't wan't a world war again. :agree:

you should read.

this gives them the power to read the emails

Hello,

Indeed its really a big market out there! :)

Provide good support and service that is what is important. Make your client stay. :)

Thanks.

Well as far as I have found out, this is not possible.

they can do this by contacting your ISP or mail server provider. they dont need your permission. this is the issue behind such a scheme.

ISPs are some of the main supporters of trying to stop this from happening