Hosting Game Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most gaming clients choose VPS for gaming. Some will choose dedicated servers, however, depending on the game and whether they are providing services.

Hello,

Each solution has his poor and cons.
If you choose a dedicated server you will have dedicated ressources.
If you choose a VPS you will probably do not have dedicated ressources but you will have access to helpfull tools like template management.

The number of players is also to be taken into consideration.

I suspect most game servers are hosted on dedicated servers. I don't know how you'd be able to verify any hard numbers though. Why the query? Just curious?

I suspect most game servers are hosted on dedicated servers. I don't know how you'd be able to verify any hard numbers though. Why the query? Just curious?

Just making some kind of preliminary research about the possibilities for starting that gaming server or servers :) Just what is people opinion and experience on that matter.

Dedicated server would be better choice. now you can buy dedicated servers at very less price with all other features like, upgrade and downgrade option, instant Setup, High quality hardware, Outstanding support level, and other services. research on some hosts and purchase the server. All the Best

Dedicated server would be better choice. now you can buy dedicated servers at very less price with all other features like, upgrade and downgrade option, instant Setup, High quality hardware, Outstanding support level, and other services. research on some hosts and purchase the server. All the Best

Thanks man, will take note from the forum mates :)

It entirely depends on what you need. If you need consistency, then likely a dedicated server is more down your alley. If you want versatility and price flexibility, then VPS is the way to go. They can be just as reliable, depending who else has VPS containers on your server with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.