Hosting Books

Well I havent heard about any books about how to start a hosting business but who knows...there might be some :) try searching on www.amazon.com or on one of the major search engines...if you do find one let us know ;)

i havent seen any offline but I have never seen any hosting mags offline either, hosting doesnt seem to be a popular business in Ireland.

Im positive there are books online on the subject though :)
Also sure I have seen people talking about books on hosting but it was so long ago I wouldnt be able to remember anything about what they said im afraid

Just thought I would do a little reading before I start looking at this Esperanto thing. Because it's only for e-mail people won't notice server speeds as easily as if it was a web site host (I think) and so once I get going on this topic I might just buy a dell server with Linux or something on it and leave it to work in the cellar. If I did this would I be able to control it from a different computer using some sort of control panel?

Yeah you would be able to do that.
There are a few free control panels, some of which are listed in the Hosting-Talk.net directory ;)

There are a lot more out there if you look around and Im sure you will be able to find something that does what you want.

There are also free control panels for windows if you wanted to use windows instead and you could use apache or IIS.

Theres loads of options available, you just have to try work out which is best for you but Im sure people here will be able to help you out :)

I havent seen anything in the store on "Running a Hosting Business"

I think hosting knowledge just comes from Computer knowledge... so if you read the books and RTFM (we all know that abrev) hosting aspects should just make sense.

Experience in Site design, business management, economics would also help. Hosting is a very broad topic.

Yes site design is also important which is why I might buy a template if I do it. But does Mail Server software cost a lot or can I find some for free?

http://www.hosting-talk.net/directory/inde...ex.php?catid=16

The new directory has 3 webmail scripts that are all free :)
You have to have a good bit of experience if yo uwant to know, technical knowledge is very important to solve problems which can arise quite often if you dont know what your doing.

Just do a bit of research, ask on here if you have any questions, there are a lot of people here that can help.
Just create a new topic for any questions and people can help you out :)

[There are a few free control panels, some of which are listed in the Hosting-Talk.net directory ;)]

I can put some on your list but I how long it take to you post it on the directory becuase I submit two of Live Support I dont see it they. :(