Hosting Addons

HostPlax

Dear Members,

I would to know which is the highest selling and profitable addon with hosting service can be offered from below list?

1) SiteLock
2) Weebly website builder or any other?
3) Email hosting

I have not listed SSL because we provide let's encrypt free ssl with every hosting.
Please also suggest me if any other addon you know to offer a client.

Well, I would say none of those.
There will always be a market for paid SSL's - so at least offering those is a good idea.
I say SpamExperts.

I wouldn't classify email hosting as an addon - as it's included by standard with most hosting plans.

Well, I would say none of those.
There will always be a market for paid SSL's - so at least offering those is a good idea.
I say SpamExperts.

I wouldn't classify email hosting as an addon - as it's included by standard with most hosting plans.

Thank you for the suggestion.

You need to look at adding value to your hosting services too.

Security indeed is essential. But mostly it is reactive. Mostly, infected sites opt for security services, unfortunately.

Talking about SSLs, with Lets Encrypt, SSL market has changed. Only some business are looking for paid business SSL.

Spam is indeed a pain point for site owners.

There are other site builder tools worth a note. Eg site.pro

Adding to your list, which are worth a thought:-
- Offsite Website Backup service
- I have noticed lately that hosting providers are offering VPN services
- Office 365 / Mail
- You could look at some aspects of SEO, like keyword search/trends etc
- Specialized hosting - like blogs etc
- CDN services for faster loading websites

Some of my suggestions will be like the below

1. Incoming Spam Filtering Solutions
2. If you have a developer by your side, then offer Hosting with Site maintenance plan like updates of themes, plugins etc will be done and will fix if any thing is broken while upgrade and theme upgrades if any by taking a child theme etc.
3. Offisite backup with separate files and db backups is also good one.
4. High End SSL which will be preferred by most of the professional business and PCI certification needed sites.
5. Hack Cleanup Addon which will help to rebuild the site using the existing hacked details. (Needs Developer help in this)

Dear Members,

I would to know which is the highest selling and profitable addon with hosting service can be offered from below list?

1) SiteLock
2) Weebly website builder or any other?
3) Email hosting

I have not listed SSL because we provide let's encrypt free ssl with every hosting.
Please also suggest me if any other addon you know to offer a client.

Email hosting is not an addon service as other stated it is provided with web hosting as standard.

Yes you can have separate specific Email Hosting, but this is a separate service and not an addon.

Dont just reply on lets encrypt for SSL as this is not suitable for ecommerce website as it does not offer validation

Agreed, it is like Lets Encrypt for everyone, instead of using HTTP. Noone should use HTTP.

E commerce sites do need paid SSL. It does add credibility.

Agreed, it is like Lets Encrypt for everyone, instead of using HTTP. Noone should use HTTP.

E commerce sites do need paid SSL. It does add credibility.

Lets Encrypt and cPanels Auto SSL only started to come into their own when GoogleChrome and Firefox decided to stop indexing HTTP sites and throw up 'non secure' warnings if you visit an HTTP site.

some people this they will do for everything, but if a business cannot afford $10 a year for a paid SSL then they dont think much of their business or customers

You can offer the below add on services instead of the ones you have mentioned:

1. Domain reseller
2. Remote backups
3. WHMCS hosting
4. Spam Experts
5. Server monitoring

These are some of the most sold addon services by many hosting companies.