Hope Billing

webling

I haven't used Hope Billing yet. Does anyone know if it is good or not? I have changed many aspects of my web hosting service and am working on using different billing software than I have in the past.

I had never heard of it until reading this.

Can't offer much opinion, but I would be a bit nervous about the fact that it's almost a year since the last commit on Github.

I've never heard of it, I've had a quick look at there demo version and its very basic. I wouldn't recommend using something that isn't heavily supported.

If I'm not wrong. I heard about this billing software a few years back.

Why would anyone switch to them unless they offer unique feature or better UI than existing software.

Free softwares may not up to date or secure. Use a commercial software for business if you don't know programming.

Free softwares may not up to date or secure. Use a commercial software for business if you don't know programming.

In the case of Hope Billing, I completely agree, but when it comes to open source software in general then I disagree. Well maintained open source projects are as stable and secure as commercial alternatives, and very often get updates and security patches out faster.

Remember that commercial software may also not always be up to date or secure. :D