help

sammykay

i own a hosting company..well it's on a reseller account because im just starting out. but i was wondering..I dont charge people to host, instead i use advertisments...well i was wondering...you know when a host asks for a banner and popup or one of the other and when you upload your webpage the banner and popup are automatically installed? does anyone know how to do that?
also does anyone know of good companies that pays good that I can use on the sites that I host?

I think you are going about things the wrong way.
If you are a hosting company you should concentrate on hosting.
I doubt very much you will ever turn a profit with affiliate links.

First of all, I would agree with Blue's opinion. However, if you set your mind on doing that, then you should be hiring professional developers who will be able to set the system up for you.

In case you don't want to go this way, there gotta me some scripts for sale that you can make your buy and ask your clients to insert the code into their pages when building a site. The script will be contacting your server/control panel every time the page loads, thus making it easy for you to control advertising. Try searching the web for such scripts.

Best,

You can also try hotscripts.com
Do a search for banner rotators or affiliate programs.

actually with the banner company last month i used google adsense i made close to $800...now im 21 so thats a lot to me...i run a fan web site hosting site...now i was doing like 25-44 a day in click and now this month i am barely making 10 a day with the same amount of impressions but less clicks. i tried a few other affiliate companies and they are reviewing my site and the reason why i want a script automatically installed is if in case i switch companies, i dont want all the sites to keep switching codes around. so i am looking for something that when someone upload his/her site the banner or popup appears automatically without the user putting in the code him/her self? does anyone know what i am talking about? lol

Some ad networks you could look into are FocusIn.Com or JoeTec.Net. There's a really good one, but I can remember the name, if I do, I will post it again, but let me tell ya, they are near impossible to get, unless your unique visits are in the 100s of thousands.

G2-Hosting said:
Some ad networks you could look into are FocusIn.Com or JoeTec.Net.
Please, whatever you do - don't use FocusIn.com! Its a nightmare. :thumbdown

Artashes,

Thanx for the heads up. I have never used them, just heard of them from a few of my clients. So I thought they might be worth mentioning. Once again, thank you, and I will pass it on to my clients who use them for ads.

http://www.freewebsites.net/

They have a brilliant, or did, community and full of information and tips on starting a free web host. I think I remember seeing a post there saying something about Apache allowing you to enter a link and it has that pop up when you visit a page on that server.

Cannot remember since I've not been to that community for a long time, however it's good to check 'em out. They used to be great to chat with, very friendly even if you're not talking about hosting and chat really about anything, but they should certainly be able to help you.

Hope this helps. :)

There is an apache module that adds header and/or footer code to everypage viewed on the server, or under certain directories. You can use this to add the code you want. The module is called mod_layout.(http://tangent.org/?view=mod_layout
) I hope this helps and is what you were looking for.

Last edited:
One advice to you. You have said that you are a hosting company though on resellers account but you do host sites of clients. Then why are you running after advertisement.

If your primary goal or business is web site hosting then just focus on it rather than searching for good web site for advertisement.