Have you ever done a survey on your clients?

BlackStorm

Have you ever sent a survey to your current clients to see what they think about various aspects of your service?

Did you send it via email?
Or place a link on your site?

What did you include in it if you did do a survey?
What was the response like? Were the results what you expected?
Do you think they were accurate or useful?

Unfortinatley, I have never had a fair enough client base where I would have liked to send a survey out to as of yet. We are still a new company so lots of time to do so.

Depending on the survey I would do, depends how I would present it. If I were doing one on service and quality, support, things like this, I would send it via email to all existing clients.

However, if I were doing it to see what they though of our prices and maybe some pre-sales support, I would put a link up on the website where anyone that came across the website could check out and fill out.

I think these can be very accurate and useful, especially if you include a section where they can put in suggestions of what they would like to see you offer as well as what you can improve to help greater satisfy your clients.

I actually just started creating a survey (poll) on my site a few days ago

http://www.vovex.com/forum/

at the bottom there is a "Poll and Satisfation" section where there are a few question polls about our service. I just sent an email out to all our clients with a link to it this morning. Hopefully the results will be good.

I plan on somehow incorporating this into my site so potential customers can view what current clients think about the service.

I believe there are PHP scripts availble that can take a post and integrate it into your website, not 100% sure on this but I do believe it is very possible.. but not sure where you would find it :(