Has the virus taken a toll on the hosting industry?

HostRush

Boy

I never thought in my life I would ever see something like this. Schools closed for months! Life put on PAUSE.

So has the virus hit the hosting industry? If so how bad and when do you see a recovery?

Any thought?

Boy

I never thought in my life I would ever see something like this. Schools closed for months! Life put on PAUSE.

So has the virus hit the hosting industry? If so how bad and when do you see a recovery?

Any thought?

Personally i think it has helped then hosting industry as more businesses have had to set up and adapt to using websites to continue their business activities.

This month and last month we acquired a number of customers who need to move their business to an online platform. Sales of my hosting company actually increases.

This month and last month we acquired a number of customers who need to move their business to an online platform. Sales of my hosting company actually increases.

This is absolutely what we are looking for in the hosting industry. More and more businesses are now evolving online due to the lockdown.

We are also getting pretty good customers.

This is absolutely what we are looking for in the hosting industry. More and more businesses are now evolving online due to the lockdown.

We are also getting pretty good customers.

Pretty good for new customers. But some existing customers tend to pay late or downgrade their hosting plans. Anyway, just look at the bright side.

But some existing customers tend to pay late or downgrade their hosting plans. Anyway, just look at the bright side.

You have to look at it this way, these are unprecedented times worldwide.

A hosting business to a lot of people is a second job or just people hosting own personal sites.

With retail/services businesses closed down temp and staff laid off temp. then peoples incomes are stopped or reduced, so Rent/Mortgage companies are giving people payment holidays if they need them.

So yes in the hosting industry you will get some people late paying etc. during this time.
I think the best thing to do is send out clients a simple message asking them to contact you if they need extra time to pay etc. If clients are genuine in needing extra time they will contact you, so in cases like this you can disable late fees for that client or even change their next invoice date to give them a month or 2 free, if they dont contact you then your normal processes remain in place.

We have seen increase in sales, more client activity and also one of our retail stores online has seen massive order increases.

@easyhostmedia

Thanks for your advice. We will send emails to our clients asking them to contact if they need extra time for payment.

Also, I think a lot of people who have been stuck at home and maybe temporarily not working or working less hours have also had the time to start up side business projects or personal blogs, etc. that they might have been thinking about for a while but not had the time to pursue.

100% virus caused issues huge issues for servers hosting industry...specially for collocation owners who paid huge amount for network and low demand of orders due to no news games...

redards,

100% virus caused issues huge issues for servers hosting industry...specially for collocation owners who paid huge amount for network and low demand of orders due to no news games...

redards,

Datacentres as far as i am aware have run normally as they are classed as essential services, maybe they have had reduced staff levels like most industries, but more businesses have started online outlets, making more people needing web hosting, so the industry is one that has flourished during the pandemic

Datacentres are running with a reduced number of staff on the floor at any one time, but the support staff for managed services are mosting able to work from home, as are we.

Datacentres are running with a reduced number of staff on the floor at any one time, but the support staff for managed services are mosting able to work from home, as are we.

Exactly.

I got roped into helping a local company with phone and live chat support .

They originally called me just after lockdown started in the UK as they had an issue with one of their PCs, so i sorted that out and i was asked if i could do a couple of nights on phone support for them. That was 3 mths ago and i am still doing 3 nights a week for them

We've actually seen an increase in signups from clients who are new to web hosting or clients who migrated for affordable hosting so they can keep their sites going.

There's only been a couple of clients who contacted us to defer payment which we gladly did.

As more and more people realize the importance of digitization and technological transformation, we see more adoption in the edge and datacenter environment.

Brand new services are booming up each day thanks to the forced lockdown situation.

But virus is certainly detrimental to the economy as there are lot of job loss as well as overall productivity going down.

Based on the example of our company, I can say that due to quarantine, more and more companies go online. Sales are increasing