Google is spending your money faster. Hope you're liking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artashes

Administrator
Staff member
Google has recently introduced a new tool to maximize publisher's revenues with their AdSense program.

http://www.google.com/adsense/

Briefly, any person on the internet (with a decent web site) can display relative to his page's advertising, which is top bidding keywords from Google AdWords for that topic. By doing so, Google is helping you get more clicks and is able to sell more by increasing their delivery platform, but do you really want clicks from something other than Google's pages? The quality of some clicks is under question here.

Do you use AdWords and have you noticed an increase in click-throughs since AdSense introduction? If yes, is there an increase in sales?

Best,

I would be very interested in hearing about this as well. I've been contemplating starting a Google Adwords campaign and this info would definitely be helpful!

Is there a risk of poor quality clicks?

Lets say you run a free web hosting forum, and you ask your members to click on the google ad clicks one time each day to help support your site. Will those clicks be of any quality to the individual paying for them?

That is exactly the question I'm trying to figure out.

Moreover, I think there is a certain dangerous side in Google's practice - the number of clicks will finally (I think) decrease the value of top keyword positions (pricing). It will lower Google's and publishers' advertising revenues.

Because who can continue paying $10 per click for a long time?

I bet since google are running all these ads on free hosts like brinkster and lycos some of the keywords are costing less but some will remian same like hosting since no host will put a google adsense thing on their site showing a competitor.

I think google is harnessing all these other sites to get a massive number of eyeballs and clicks, but the value of these clicks vs ROI is i'm guessing very low.

In otherwords google is making a lot of money, and advertisers are losing a lot of money and not getting real value on the clicks.

I would guess this might decrease the amount of money people are willing to pay for advertising on google (as mentioned above).

well google gives you a choice... I don't advertise through adsense because all the clicks turned into $0 revenue. I turned that crap off as soon as I noticed... adwords only for google's search is good though.

Google ad response

I've been using Google Adwords for a year and a half-plus to sell two items. Ad costs rose considerably in the past several months, while sales have dropped considerably. We canceled one ad and cut back the other to $2/day maximum (had been $6) after zero sales and $112 in ad clicks the past month. too bad. Google worked well for us a year-plus ago.

insi10 said:
I've been using Google Adwords for a year and a half-plus to sell two items. Ad costs rose considerably in the past several months, while sales have dropped considerably. We canceled one ad and cut back the other to $2/day maximum (had been $6) after zero sales and $112 in ad clicks the past month. too bad. Google worked well for us a year-plus ago.

You are starting to see the same thing we did. It is too bad that the quality of the traffic you pay for via google is declining. Maybe this will drive the cost per click down too.

jason

I personally do not like the PPC Search engines at all. Why pay per click? I mean, it takes only a few newbies to put your budget down the drain. Adsense is notorious for this.

vivehosting.com said:
well google gives you a choice... I don't advertise through adsense because all the clicks turned into $0 revenue. I turned that crap off as soon as I noticed... adwords only for google's search is good though.

Where is this option at, I can't seem to find it?

I know when someone said hey can you click on those ads and help support my site, I did it then closed them, never even reading them. Now that I pay for clicks myself, I don't do that.

ReDuXsGiRl said:
I know when someone said hey can you click on those ads and help support my site, I did it then closed them, never even reading them. Now that I pay for clicks myself, I don't do that.
Thats my reason for avoiding Google Advertising

I know I should really start my own thread for this, but just to ask quickly, has anybody ever used TV Advertising for their Hosting services (not ISP) and had good feedback?
~Equinox

I think that would be a bad choice, no one probably even know what the heck a webhost is... I say wasting half a million dollars to asvertise something no one knows about is worthless. Only thing it would be good for is to lose money.. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.