Google Apps

JFSG

http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en-sg/group/index.html

I'm contemplating on signing up for Google Apps for Business. However, the "User accounts allowed per organisation" is confusing me.

Which does a user account represent?

1. 1 User Account = 1 Username & Address
    1. Username: ABC
    2. Email Address: abc@domain.com
  2. 1 User Account = 1 User & Unlimited Addresses
    1. Username: DEF
    2. Email Address 1: def@domain.com
    3. Email Address 2: def2@domain.com
    4. Email Address 3: def3@domain.com
So my question here is actually how many email addresses can I create for 1 single user? Personally I have quite a number of addresses (admin@domain.com, jay@domain.com etc.) so I wouldn't want to pay $50/year each for a few addresses when in reality it's only me using it..

From what I understand, you pay for as many accounts as the number of passwords you have/want/use. 1 password = 1 account.

You may have one user account per domain for each $50USD. You could have the nicknames and aliases like joe@ foo@ or bar@ and only have that count as 1 user account. The 25GBs of storage space is per account.

How many USERS are going to be accessing Google Apps for this domain?

Cost of Google Apps = # of USERS x $50.

I took this information from this page:
http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Apps+Partner/thread?tid=40fb0ffc63c88e34&hl=en

From what I understand, you pay for as many accounts as the number of passwords you have/want/use. 1 password = 1 account.

You may have one user account per domain for each $50USD. You could have the nicknames and aliases like joe@ foo@ or bar@ and only have that count as 1 user account. The 25GBs of storage space is per account.

How many USERS are going to be accessing Google Apps for this domain?

Cost of Google Apps = # of USERS x $50.

I took this information from this page:
http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Apps+Partner/thread?tid=40fb0ffc63c88e34&hl=en

Thanks Artashes! Tested it and proven! Let's see how the 30 days trial goes. :)

I too have looked into setting up Google Apps for a corporate customer. I would appreciate your feed back on how you found the Google Apps setup, transition from your existing email server and the support you get from Google. Because the majority of the time Google don't provide the best of one-on-one support.

I too have looked into setting up Google Apps for a corporate customer. I would appreciate your feed back on how you found the Google Apps setup, transition from your existing email server and the support you get from Google. Because the majority of the time Google don't provide the best of one-on-one support.
The setup was pretty easy, albeit troublesome since it has lots of steps but they are all well-guided. However, all I did was to try it on a brand new domain I just registered for the sake of testing it so I have no idea how easy is it to move from existing solutions.

I will test again with a live email account in the near future and will update as it goes. :)

Well thats good. I am a big google fan. I try use Google Services for everything if I possibly can. Gmail, Calendar, Tasks, Documents, Android, Checkout, Search *DUH*.

The only problem I do find with google is that their help isnt always great. At least their setup is good :)

Actually there was a time I wanted to give their business apps a try, but I started to think what would be the main advantage versus just using their existing apps that are free?

Would be very interested in knowing what you think are the differences between utilizing Gmail, Calendar, Docs as free consumer versions versus a business one?

Actually there was a time I wanted to give their business apps a try, but I started to think what would be the main advantage versus just using their existing apps that are free?

Would be very interested in knowing what you think are the differences between utilizing Gmail, Calendar, Docs as free consumer versions versus a business one?

http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en/index.html

Those are the general differences I presume. Personally I only use Gmail and the difference I noticed is the lack of ads and increased control over the settings and security of the users under the Google Apps account.

I am also on the verge of setting up Google Business Apps. It is helpful to know about the one e-mail one password and the rate of $50. I would use Google paid apps over free apps just to consolidate my systems. Google also bought at least 1000 new patents a few months ago and I am guessing that these will be applied to apps that Google plans to develop and use for its business app. clients.

Okay, here is the deal..

You sign up for GoogleApps for your domain (example.com). Your primary user account ($50/yr) for this domain is "one@example.com". This is where you manage your user account (25GB).

From here you can go to your user settings and add a nickname. A nickname is another email address where you can receive email, for example "two@example.com", but you still manage it from your "one@example.com" inbox (user account). So, now people can email you at "one@example.com" and at "two@example.com" and you're still able to manage all the email for both accounts on your one user account (one@example.com).. Follow me so far?

The only problem is that you can ONLY receive email to your nickname, you can NOT send mail as your nickname, at least not until you do the following... After you have added your nickname via your domain settings>user accounts, go to your mail settings>accounts and add a new "send mail as" email address named "two@example.com" and simply follow the on-screen steps.

That's it, you're done!.. You can now receive and send mail as "one@example.com" AND "two@example.com" all from one GoogleApps user account. :D Repeat the steps for each email address you wish to manage with your GoogleApps user account.

Hope that helps! :thumbup:

You sign up for GoogleApps for your domain (example.com). Your primary user account ($50/yr) for this domain is "one@example.com". This is where you manage your user account (25GB).

From here you can go to your user settings and add a nickname. A nickname is another email address where you can receive email, for example "two@example.com", but you still manage it from your "one@example.com" inbox (user account). So, now people can email you at "one@example.com" and at "two@example.com" and you're still able to manage all the email for both accounts on your one user account (one@example.com).

A really great write-up in a simple to follow way.

So I guess the second $50/year comes in whether you have an employee with an email "employee1@example.com", who might also manage few nicknames if he wanted to. And a third $50/year if your second employee connects his "employee2@example.com" email account, and so on...

Each person: You, Employee 1 and Employee 2 get mailbox size of 25GB each.

Question:

- Are their any ads in Gmail interface if you pay the annual fees?

- I also wonder how easy it is to downgrade the account, but retaining all the labels, nicknames/email accounts, etc.?

Question:

- Are their any ads in Gmail interface if you pay the annual fees?

- I also wonder how easy it is to downgrade the account, but retaining all the labels, nicknames/email accounts, etc.?

I believe GoogleApps Business comes with the ability to disable ads if you'd like.

You're allowed 10 email accounts per user account on the free GoogleApps, so if you're on their business plan and decide to downgrade you should be fine as long as you don't have more than 10 email accounts on your user account, and don't have more than 7GB of disk space used (since the free apps only allows 7GB of storage).

Last edited:
We use Google Apps and it's been great. We are lucky, we got in before they lowered the amount of accounts you can have, which I believe was 50?

It helps with collaboration, scheduling, managing email, and provides cloud storage for our email.

I just double checked, I do not see any ad's in my Google Apps Account.

I would encourage you to use Google Apps, it makes life simpler and it's cheap!

Regards,
AB

Thanks agent black..
I was wondering whether or not i should use it.
Your input is very useful

We use Google Apps and it's been great. We are lucky, we got in before they lowered the amount of accounts you can have, which I believe was 50?

It helps with collaboration, scheduling, managing email, and provides cloud storage for our email.

I just double checked, I do not see any ad's in my Google Apps Account.

I would encourage you to use Google Apps, it makes life simpler and it's cheap!

Regards,
AB

Google Apps is a great function if you have a small business (free) and if your business is growing, you can pay for an additional package!

We have been using Apps for Business for some time now and it is great. We don’t use the web hosting however it is linked to a hosting email. This is a good investment and we have made it to keep our data in order.

We are using Office365 with Exchange, SharePoint and Lync and it is working great. Biggest benefit is that we are now using all Microsoft Office files on-line and accessible to anyone from anywhere.